Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Hey .... Hows it goin? i'm from kansas.. Hows your season been this year?
whe've been doing preatty good. I have one ? for you about kansas duck hunting. How many decs do you use? my dad and I have used a dozen for 4 years and done great... I was just wondering if it dose actually help.

G

·
Hey srry... I wasn't clear.. dose it help to have 2 or 3 dozen?

Good Luck.... Hey have you ever hunted the Mcpherson Wetlands ????

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey, if ur on a big lake there is no such thing as to many decoys u can use as many as u can count. is the mepherson wetlands the cheynne bottoms i cant remeber where exactly mecpherson is located im about 23 miles south of witchita in wellington. also know as the back to back statechamps in football. but thats off the subject. i havnt hunted yet this yr our season dont open till the 25th. well get back with me. good luck this season

G

·
Hey! ummm Mcpherson is about 45 miles north of witchita .... My Grandma was born in welington... I love the resteraunt there with the big hamburgers can't remember what its called... any way..... ya I have 2 doz. deeks now and we've been doing great up here my dad and i went out tonight and got eith all togeather and we shot a total of 8 ducks on friday and saturday.... :) Tonight we had flocks of about 20 to 30 mallards come bareling in it was great....
Well talk to ya soon.....

Dont forget to take your saftey off!!!!!!!

Mallyard

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey yall
I am a kansas hunter too. I am here in mcpherson going to college getting an edu. But thought to add to my Edu. by trying my hand at duck hunting. Was going to try the Mcpherson wetlands, It is a little west of Mcpherson guess ill see what happens. I was just wondering what was legal, I know you can have 5 mallards and one can be a hen but other than that I am at a loss, If ya could help me out i would appreciate it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey yall
I am a kansas hunter too. I am here in mcpherson going to college getting an edu. But thought to add to my Edu. by trying my hand at duck hunting. Was going to try the Mcpherson wetlands, It is a little west of Mcpherson guess ill see what happens. I was just wondering what was legal, I know you can have 5 mallards and one can be a hen but other than that I am at a loss, If ya could help me out i would appreciate it

G

·
hey... ya you where right about the mallards but you can only get 2 redheads 2 scaup 2 wood ducks... after tomorow (sunday). you can't shoot pintails or canvasbacks... you can get all of your info on www.kdwp.state.ks.us it has the limits on there....

Mallyard 8)

G

·
Hey guy's, I am a big duck hunter from Arkansas.
Things once again are pretty slow around Stuttgart. Can you
guys help me with some good hunting areas in Kansas.
I live in the very NW corner of Arkansas.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Iam a teen ager from. I hunt ducks and geese in northen Kansas. We hunt on resivors and ponds. We have 50 flanbeau mallards, 12 pintail flanbeau, 24 mallard tuchdown inflatibles, 24 feather flex mallards, 12 green wing teal cary lites, 2 flyin mallard cary lites, a dozen canada goose floaters, 36 canada goose siloetes, 12 snow siloetes, and the one the works a wonder the mojo mallard. I love to see them ducks lock up into the deeks. We have fairly good luck. We shoot a few geese. Ducks we very good lucks, we shoot mallards mainly, teal, weigons, gadwals woodys, and sometimes a diver a two. Any way I was just going to say that most people don't think kansas as a good duck hunting place. I dis agrree. So lets just keep it our little secret. Happy Hunting!

Bust'Em

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Hey arkie..... Try hunting here in central Kansas.... There is the Mcpherson Wetlands, Chyann bottoms, Quivera, and many rivers and resivors to hunt... Public hunting is not bad here. As long as you can beat someone else to a good spot. Well hope this helps.

Mallyard

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I live in north east Kansas. We live about 1/2 mile from the Flinthills National Wildlife Refuge in Neosho Rapids. We shot a lot of ducks and geese this year. I am looking to add to my spread this summer and see what next year brings.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts