Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone hunted with Burbank Guide service out of the Tri-cities? I have been hunting with another guide for geese but wanted to try some others. Maybe also get some tips on calling the Canadians. Any Help? :help:

·
Registered
135 Posts
My friends in eastern wa. tell me they are the best. They have the rights to more land than the President I think.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you take a few days off and come over here and scout, you can save yourself alot of money. Burbank goose is one of the best guides in the area, but their prices reflect that. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I have a friend that guides in his spare time. He has some leases down around the columbia/ burbank/ paterson. He also has access to private land around Othello, moses lake and spokane. He has a couple hundred stuffer decoys and is a great caller. PM me if you want his number, he's a charachter and fun to hunt with.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you chose to hunt with the Burbank Guide Service, especially for geese - be aware of the fact that they want you in and out of there as fast as possible. You will get your birds (even though they may not be the ones you actually shoot). 4-6 guys in a pit, whether they are in your party or not, and when the geese do come in, be ready to shoot really, really fast because by the time the normal waterfowler is ready, the others have unloaded and downed "your birds". As soon as your limited they get you out of there and replace you with the next customer. So if your looking for a quality hunt that includes all aspects of being afield, then I would say this is not the guide service for you. However, if you want some action, and don't care if you pay hundreds for only a few minutes and "your limit" then this is the service for you. I have gone with Burbank several times and the first time I felt like I was a part on the assembly line, it was over before it began and I the guide had 3 shots off before I had the safety off. The next few times I was ready but it really didn't feel like a enjoyable hunt. ONLY reason I went was it was free!

·
Registered
45 Posts
You telling me that the guide shot at birds? I for one would have told him to put his gun down or give me my money back. I have been on a few guided trips and the guides have never shot a round out of there guns. the only reason they had there guns with them is so we the clients could shoot there limits also.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Shooting others limits or party hunting is not legal. How much do you pay for a guided hunt anyway? If you hunt half the day and have a great time what is wrong with the guide having some fun too? These guys do not make that much money, they do it for FUN... Well, the ones I know.

Mike

·
Registered
45 Posts
your right it is not legal. But let me ask you this, how many times have you hunted with your buddies and gotten limits? how do you know who got the bird when say three guys shoot at it. I am not saying this happens all the time but you know I am right. There has been many times that someone in our group is having a bad day and someone else knocks down his duck. He still goes home with his duck. Guides should let there clients empty there guns before shooting. That is what they are paying for. I for one would never pay a guide to shoot my birds. Guess the best thing to do is to not shoot until everyone else has there limits and then you have the pit all to yourself and can enjoy and take your time knocking your birds down. I wounder how the guide would like that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
LOL, Legal or not I kill birds for the buddies that I am with all the time. If three of us go we either hit it all day for 21 birds or we leave if things really suck. With respect to my hunting buddies, They will admit I hit and kill way more birds than they do but I also am man enough to let them roll in the glory of limits when they do happen. How we split the "bag limit" in the blind between hunting buddies is what determines whether or not the split is "legal" or not. NOT who actually may have shot more birds.

Burbank is a respectable Guide Service. Also those Desert fools at Mar Don Resort will give you a really good time hunting in their private fields if you pick the right windy day.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi I'm new here. Haven't hunted in years but will next season. Even bought a shotgun that can shoot steel shot! lol. On the subject of limits. I insist on shooting and catching my own game. If I don't shoot or catch anything so be it. there's always next time.

·
Registered
135 Posts
What's the difference? You can go out on a charter boat or a guided fishing trip and come back with fish dont you? If you are the first to catch your fish they dont expect you to just reel in and set the rest of the day.

I also know some guides from the east side. They get a lot of customers that cant shoot. Then the customer blames the guide because he didn't limit. If any guide tells you this never happens he is not a real guide and is a poser. Most guides are stuck between a rock and a hard spot.Most guides are just working for the outfitter anyway. They are just collecting a wage like the rest of us.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I understand shooting your own game but if you cant shoot you cant expect the others in your party to just hang out in the wet and cold and wait for you to shoot "your birds"
I'm not calling anybody here a bad shot I just used the word "your" to cover anybody Haven't any of you shot a bird or two for a buddy on his or her off day and turned and said nice shot? You dont have to claim everything. somethings are better left unsaid

·
Registered
14 Posts
There are limits posted in the regulations for a reason. Though we may not always agree with them, this is the law. Now, on that note, it is illegal for someone to shoot and kill for someone elses gain. But on the other hand, there is a grey area in the regulations. It clearly states that you can give your killed wildlife to another person as long as it is tagged with the appropriate information. At that time, the bird has now became a part of the new owners bag limit. Now for me, if I have one bird left to shoot and my buddy has three, I will do my best to insure that we fill our bags. Also, after our bags are full, we will be done hunting. This ends the day. Then it goes back to the law. We have 14 birds amongst us, and a legal limit. This information is on page 13 under the HUNTING RESTRICTIONS section. It is the last statement on the bottom left hand side of the page. Unless there is a clearer definition of this, I can legaly see no problem with it according to the regulation! But if my buddy is really doing that bad, I will deffinately make fun of him. Does anyone have any other thoughts on this?

·
Registered
135 Posts
You are right to a point. That bird does become part of your buddies limit but it should not be subtracted from your limit. You can give it to him and keep shooting. You guys are to hung up on the ego part. Just hunt till limits are filled. Dont keep saying "I got 3 and he has 1" Just shoot when limits are on the ground stop. The legality is in the words you use.

·
Registered
25 Posts
ROFL, I Razz my buddies when they can hit the blind side of a barn in the field all the time. This is why they are so inclined to hunt with me due to my positive re-inforcement. :yes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts