Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
What's the difference? You can go out on a charter boat or a guided fishing trip and come back with fish dont you? If you are the first to catch your fish they dont expect you to just reel in and set the rest of the day.

I also know some guides from the east side. They get a lot of customers that cant shoot. Then the customer blames the guide because he didn't limit. If any guide tells you this never happens he is not a real guide and is a poser. Most guides are stuck between a rock and a hard spot.Most guides are just working for the outfitter anyway. They are just collecting a wage like the rest of us.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I understand shooting your own game but if you cant shoot you cant expect the others in your party to just hang out in the wet and cold and wait for you to shoot "your birds"
I'm not calling anybody here a bad shot I just used the word "your" to cover anybody Haven't any of you shot a bird or two for a buddy on his or her off day and turned and said nice shot? You dont have to claim everything. somethings are better left unsaid

·
Registered
135 Posts
You are right to a point. That bird does become part of your buddies limit but it should not be subtracted from your limit. You can give it to him and keep shooting. You guys are to hung up on the ego part. Just hunt till limits are filled. Dont keep saying "I got 3 and he has 1" Just shoot when limits are on the ground stop. The legality is in the words you use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.