Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
I grew up in that area, and I hate to say it, but the duck hunting is not too good there. You can slide east over towards the coast south of tallahassee and pop some divers. And, Eglin has a fair number of wood ducks.

FWB has the poor luck of falling between the 2 flyways and getting only stragglers from each.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mr. McNasty I see you now reside in Melbourne. I have hunted many an opening day at Merrit Island. Plenty of teal every time I went. If I don't here of anything here I was thinking about driving down to scout that area. Do you know if they have started handing out permits yet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't know Slimey yet but he lives in Freeport. He must have hunted the Choctawhatchee. I'd love to go scout with you. We have a fiberglass outboard at Black Creek Lodge but I'm really wanting something like a gatortrax. Hope to ride yours. Just let me know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anytime! I've got a 16 ft. Seminole Batteau by Paul Dixon from Bainbridge, GA. Its fiberglass and extra wide. Right now I'm running a 25hp Go Devil. Its an older motor, but still runs strong. I've been contemplating trading it in for a 29hp Kawasaki MudBuddy. Just don't know if I'm ready to drop another $3K.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I don't believe they have started the permits yet. October I think??? I am sure this year they will get some heavy pressure though. I have some other spots I hit regularly as well. If you get down this way and want to scout, drop me a line. I would enjoy going there with someone who has more experience there. I can let you in on some secret spots I have found up in the panhandle area. And my gator trax can always hold another if you come down here during season.

·
Registered
19 Posts
10-4 - I'm sure all the permits are taken for early teal. Went I went last for the early season my uncle and I hunted Shiloh 3. We shot limit within 5 minutes of legal shooting time, no joke. I'll drop you a line if I head that way. Have you ever eaten at Dixie Crossroads there in Titusville? Good Stuff!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Oh yeah, duh. I thought you meant for the regular season. Never been to M.I. for early teal, but it's ok in most other areas down here, so I could imagine it there.

Oh yeah, the crossroads is good eatin.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey LB and Xtreme have you two been to lake Semimole ??? I was there
last year saw lots of ducks mosty woodies and ring necks and two honkers, one thing about duck hunting around here is the weather sunny morning meen 7.15 -7.30am its all over one or two days last year were good it rain till 11 and keeped them flying

·
Registered
383 Posts
They closed up a big section of Seminole last year for hunting, and will likely do it again this year.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've been to Lake Seminole dozens of times over the past 8 years. The guy I bought my boat from lives near it on the Georgia side. It was near my home in Tallahassee. That's quite a hike from here. It's very stumpy and its freakin huge. Real easy to get lost if you don't know where you're going. Also, you've got to make sure if you only have a Florida license you don't venture off onto the Georgia side. I hunted it twice last season and did alright with a few ringnecks. I've got a bunch of info packets on the lake if anyone is interested.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.