Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if any one was killing any thing in arkansas we have had a pretty bad year so far in northeast arkansas?????

·
Registered
19 Posts
I went riding today in the delta around my stepdads 1600 acre rice farm and I didn't see a handful of mallards. Not that many geese either. We need some rain.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I hunt Bayo Meto close to Stuttgart Arkansas . I have not fired a shot this year. We still have no water in our WMA. I have hunted the river in south Arkansas and have not fired a shot! Makes you wonder where are all the duck AGAF keeps talking about. I have been hunting in this area for over 30 years and I have never seen it this bad.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I hunt in the Poinsett county area and everytime i go i at least kill 3 mallards

I also hunted the Cherry Valley Area and they have a lot of duck killed are limit

I have been to tennesee and missouri and arkansas is the best and its cheaper for me cause i live in arkansas

·
Registered
213 Posts
Was in Woodruff County last weekend. Killed 18 in 3 days. One banded wood duck. Lots of ducks if you have water. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
here in the fort smith area has been real slow what little birds we have seen have alot of trouble getting them to decoy

·
Registered
5 Posts
im a friend of bandedmallardrnt and we hunted a 2600 hundred acres of land near cherry valley and i have never seen so many ducks in my life. this place has flooded timber flooded buck brush flooded corn fields and rice fields. I think the place may be better than CLAYPOOL i hear they aint doin so good.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
ya can't kill em if they dunt come...and they just dunt come visit like they used too...maybe its a cycle...we can hope...i usually get ta hunt alot o days during the season, and in an entire season, you can hope for 4 or 5 of those magic days...the ducks seem extremely skittish as ta what they used ta be too...it will probly get great 2 weeks after the season goes out...as usual...me and my friends hunt ne arkansas...craighead, greene, poinsett, n jackson counties...it has NOT been a good year :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts