Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently moved here and my grandpa has this good lookin corn field. We see canada geese flying almost everyday over it. If you know any strategies about baggin these geese, let me know.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Ummmm... decoys?

Not exactly sure what kindof help you are looking for.....

Basically-scout and find where the birds are feeding, secure permission to hunt the field-set up decoys exactly where the were feeding the night before. I use field layout blinds for field hunting (Final Approach Pro and Avery Migrator) Call as little as possible, a few clucks is all you really need IMHO. Kind of like Eli Haydel said--he uses the greeter and feeder call for ducks-and that is it. Well geese are similar--too many guys hear the competion calling and think they need to do that-NOPE! Iffen you want meat on the table, call a lot less than you think-especially early season. Late season with big flocks is different, then a bunch of goose chatter works.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Once the corns cut, what I do is I buy burlap sheets about 10X10, get your decoy spread setup, I prefer fullbodys and silhouettes. I place my burlap right in my spread and laydown under it. you can see through the burlap good enough to see them approach you, wait till there set to come in and throw the sheet off you....bang...bang...bang...thud...thud...thud. Boys It just don't get any better than this. :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts