Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Used to guide out of Bay City and hunted East Matagorda for years. What do you want to know?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yea, I know some guys from the Brazosport Area that hunt peach point and Mad Island. I used to hunt San Benard, Brazoria and Big Boggy almost exclusively (did I spell that right?). I've heard that Peach Point and Mad Island (both pay areas) have some killer lines in the morning. Most camping out in line the previous night. I just don't feel the urge like that anymore, besides I know too many spots that not many others no about.
You have to work harder, but the reward is awesome.

·
Registered
91 Posts
two gun-
you are right. i have spent quite a few nights in the car in line down there. i like the way it is set up. it's a lot easier for the person who doesn't have the means to get to the hard to reach places.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ive never hunted the coast before, but I want to hunt there this season & i am looking at a guide service out of aransas pass & I was gonna see if ya'll thought it was worth the money and travel from central texas.

·
Registered
25 Posts
west columbia texas here... i hunt east matagorda regularlyand sometimes down in big boggy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seems like E Matagorda gets a ton of traffic. I've been hunting and fishing that bay for years, but I've never had a killer hunt. I'm interested in hunting Big Boggy, but I need a little local knowledge if anyone's willing to share.

Does anyone use thier Bay Boat to hunt? I think a large majority of my problem is my Shoalwater sticks out like a sore thumb. I park that thing a half mile away, but it doesnt seem to help.

I've also hunted the NWR down by Matagorda and shot a few Gad's but nothing else. I would enjoy the opportunity to try something new this year.

Has anyone hunted Chocolate Bayou?

Takem!

·
Registered
25 Posts
well ive been hunting that bay for a few years.. and we never usually do good untill the middle of the season.... i am thinking about trying it this weekend..... and yeah maybe your boat is a problem... and nope ive never hunted chocolate bayou... but i have scouted out there a few years ago

·
Registered
304 Posts
I hunted it really hard the past three years. Right out off the NAS there in corpus christi and all along the ICW/shipping channel along all those islands, and Corpus Christi bay, and the bay side of Part A. Also pretty good WMA in Tivoli right up the road

1 - 14 of 14 Posts