Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being the CA residents are so nice and friendly, I'm surprised none of been posting up.

Maybe some of you can post up in general what the weather has been and what you are or are not seeeing for birds. :smile:

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
I'm starting to think it will take an Act of Parliment to get you guys to post up :tounge:

Now it is NOT as scary as being the first guy to pick a girl at a school dance for the first time to make a post here-now don't be shy as I know some of you have things you would like to post up :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm from Canada, Southern Ontario to be a little more precise. The reason I joined this forum is to get ideas for my kayak/canoe hunting sessions for both divers and pudllers. I'm looking for a system to steady my kayak enough for good shooting stability. Does anyone have an idea? :help: :help: :help:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree, the weather this summer will dictate a wicked duck hunting season!!! Where about are you from REM110? I'm from around lake Ontario so to speak.

·
Registered
38 Posts
In Southern Ontario this year we have had a rather wet year. With all the water around should be a good year. And what can I say about geese, they are every where and are just starting to flock up in small groups. Looks like fall was on it way because some of the trees are changing color. But as I write this it 85 deg in the shade, the worst part is that are goose season starts in only one week.

Stephen Ontairo Canada

·
Registered
30 Posts
Cant wait for opening day! I was out working on the blinds and seen alot of ducks, looking good... and as far as the weather goes .... it couldn't be any better :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So for any hunters looking for the right place to be for opening day Walpole Island is the spot!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been stumbling across ducks even when i'm not looking for them intentionally in ontario north of london ontario. I shot too ducks last year while rabbit hunting. went home with a pair of each. this saturday is the big canada goose hunt. Good luck to everyone, and remember to stay safe and respect nature

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all,

I've been hunting Luther Marsh for a few years now but I'm looking for a better area to hunt duck and/or Geese. I take my 62 year old father out as he was great hunter back in his days.

Just looking for some good hunting days out of the year to spend with pops.

Any locations are appreciated and will not be advertised.

·
Registered
40 Posts
HI All

There more ducks on the west coast---Vancouver area--than we have seen for many years.

It appears they hatched three clutches this year.

The early goose opening was very productive--all week the local hunters were able to limit out --5 geese

The most ducks are mallards , but the pintails are not far behind--quite unusual before the northern migration begins.

TOM

·
Registered
8 Posts
Estevan Saskatchewan The birds are startin to move but not to heavy we just got some snow so it will speed things up a bit good huntin to all

·
Registered
1 Posts
nmourad78 said:
I've been stumbling across ducks even when i'm not looking for them intentionally in ontario north of london ontario. I shot too ducks last year while rabbit hunting. went home with a pair of each. this saturday is the big canada goose hunt. Good luck to everyone, and remember to stay safe and respect nature
Hey , Iam from London ontario ..where is theyre around here that is good spots for duck and geese ...Thanks...

Jim :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am new to this chat forum but I figured I would post something to let you all know why you do not have many ducks and geese in the US yet. They are still all here. I was out yesterday and shot out 4 limits in about an hour. I have pictures of how many ducks are here right now and it is hard to believe as well as the number of snow geese around. Hundreds of thousands.

Oakhammock101

I will be doing my usual trek over to Arkansas for opening there so I may be slow to answer. Kind of senseless this year though. If it weren't for old friends I would stay here and hunt the birds till freeze up.

:salude: [/img]

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi everyone ! Nice to see a few on here from Canada and Ontario.

I'm new to the fourm and have enjoyed my stay thus far. I'm in Peterborough and mainly hunt on our local river here for ducks and geese.

I really enjoy hitting the fields in late fall for the geese. !

Well I'm sure we meet in some of the other fourms so until then take care, happy hunting and all the best for the holiday season !

sparky

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Just a friendly note, Ontario is only a small part of Canada. :welcome:

Keep the sport alive take a kid hunting / fishing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts