Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
I have never hunted McNary refuge (actually, last year was my first hunt in over ten years) I was thinking of going out to McNary next wedneday and try standby for the handicap blinds if possible. I was going alone, so if any of you ant to join me that would be great.

p.s. the reason I will hunt from the handicap blind is that I have an "issue" with my balance that makes if difficult to carry gear very far.

I have only been out once this year, but antsy to get out.

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Some of the blinds at Mcnarry do real well some dont. If you go to get one of the handicap blinds your lucky because your guaranteed to get a spot due to the fact that they let handicap have first pick of blinds. I'm not sure if you can pick any you want though.

· Registered
47 Posts
I do not have a reservation, but I will try standby at McNary(next Wed if any want to come). Folks at the refuge told me that there is usually 0-4 handicap hunters, but Wednesdays are usually light. They have two handicap blinds, 2 and 8. If I don't get one, I will still wait, looking at the map, it appears that access is pretty easy for most of the blinds.

Ram, I would love to go out with you sometime, my hunting availability is a little tight. I am going out Wed next week, then trying to get my 6yr old son out some saturday afternoon if I can find a few ducks for him to look at. I am going to try to get out the Wed before Christmas, but I have to let my wife wiegh in on that one......lol. If not, maybe we can hook up in early January.

· Registered
118 Posts
Mason, ram, anyone else..
I'm coming down from Wenatchee on Christmas Weekend and am looking for someone to hunt with. My inlaws don't hunt and I'm bummed. I know the peninsula unit fairly well, but would prefer sharing a standby blind with anyone willing. I have waders, and 3 doz. duck floaters as well as a couple goose floaters.

· Registered
47 Posts
I am going out to the McNary refuge Saturday and try standby for one of the handicap blinds. I am going alone, and would love the company if anyone wants to go with me. (My handicap is a "balance" issue that makes if very tough to lug gear very far, so I have access to the handicap blinds)

If I don't get a hanfdicap blind, I will probably hang around and see if I can get standby on one of the blinds that don't require too much walking from the vehicle.

I have never hunted out there, but I have been told that it is pretty good, and I will at least see some ducks.

So if ya wanna join me, I would love the company.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.