Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
We have two of them. They work alright but i wouldn't reccomend setting them in the middle of a field. Try to get to wear there is some camo, like buy a treeline because the geese will spook alot more on those then with a finisher.

·
Registered
163 Posts
They are good to use when you are hunting a river. Set them just up on shore and brush the hell outta them. They work better than awesome!! :laughing:

Last year we used one in a field and every goose that came would flare...though we did manage 5 and it was in the late season...I wouldn't use them in a field....unless like everyone else said...there is haybales around.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Bigmal said:
The only time I will use it is when I am in a field that has some hay bayles in it .
Kind of defeats the purpose of it, don't it? Meaning if there are bales in the field - why not use the bales? That is what I do.

The advantage is for older folks. The layout blinds are hard on the older guys. So a blind where one can sit on a chair is much easier for an older guy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.