Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody hunt up in the Northwest part of the state? More specifically, the Kankakee Game Preserve or JP. Are there any ducks or geese in the area right now?

DOES ANYBODY FROM INDIANA VISIT THIS WEBSITE?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm posting here and hurry them on down. :yes:

One member has voted in my poll. :umm: That so far to me is a milestone. My first poll is doing well as to be expected in these fast paced high hp times. Slower is safer,...you get to see more,....you can get real close to waterfowl with a small boat under safe water conditions and thick flooded foxtail in standing corn. :hammering: :cool:

Poke Boater

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You know that is such a shame. JP has been holding water the past couple of years, and the birds are not staying there. I just think that there are no birds around the area anymore. You get the same 3000 ducks at the Kankakee and 250 ducks at JP. It's really disappointing duck and goose hunting. My father tells me stories of how great the duck and goose hunting was 10 years ago, and it just kills me. But anyways, thanks for the information. Good luck the rest of the year.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Ten years ago the birds actually came down from Michigan andor canada but the weather the past few years has not been very "ducky".
Ive been having a pretty good season here in Nortcentral IN. although not as good as I had in Nort Dakota this year. :getdown:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I hunt those spots all the time when I'm not on the lake hunting. We do alright early in the season at JP. I had first pick at the kank last thursaday and hunting 2y and managed 2 greenheads. It is slow there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.