Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rather Eat Duck or Venison
Duck947.37%
Venison1052.63%

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have heard that they are pretty good eating?

Anyone hunt them or eat them?

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
i don't recall ever having snipe, but i don't think there is a duck out there that tastes as good as deer meat. that's just my opinion though...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, heres a story where snipe was the best tasting food :laughing:

My buddy and i were out on an island on a lake that didn't allow motors, so we were in a decent sized boat with oars and a trolling motor. It took us a hour and a half to make it to the island. So we get out to the island and we were planning on stayign there all day Sat and Sunday and all the food we had was 2 pizzas :), Sunny Delight, Pop, and cheese crackers. So after the pizzas was gone sat afternoon :toofunny:, we were starving by sat night, so we saw some snipe on the shore line..... So we were like yeah man lets shoot them and eat em. So we shot 3 and cleaned them. Meat we got off we equal to a half dollar coin size. SO we got creative, we put a flat rock in the middle of the fire and marinated the meat in a mixture of Sunny D and pop, and then dipped it in cheese on cheese crackers and then cooked them in the fire

It was awesome they tasted so good- probably just becasue we were really hungry.

How about some other funny stories of things that happend.

·
Registered
70 Posts
used to hunt them in the boy scouts......

we never were very good at....but got really good at guiding hunts for young tenderfoots.......

scared the heck out of them....

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
you ain't had duck until you've had my black-bean duck chili. made the way it's made in the southwest. hot and lots of it.

as for snipe...i see alot of them, but have yet to shoot one for fear that i may have to learn to make "snipe chili" :toofunny:

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Snipe aren't bad eating but I found that they dry out if not basted or wrapped in bacon. Those saws look like awfully heavey duty cleaning tools for snipe, Duckboy_390. :laughing: :laughing: Did good to get that mess of snipe if they were on the wing cause I think they are harder to hit than teal. :thumbsup: Good hunting!!

Keep the sport alive take a kid hunting/fishing.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Greg:

yep, all those birds were taken on the wing, and they are fast-take off like a bullet and keep goin' faster.

The saws are str8powder's, that husky 288 with a 36" bar makes short work out of breasting them birds out :mrgreen:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.