Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, did anyone hunt the west side this weekend? If so how was the hunting and where did you hunt? I starting to see northerns around when it was starting to freeze up and thinking about hitting it heavy now that it has warrmed up. They should be working a lot of the small lakes now. If anyone has a hunting spot where you don't have to walk very far and would like someone to hunt with from now to the end of the season, send me a PM. I have 2 1/2dz dekes set up on long lines and can call pretty good. I have a severe balance problem right now so I don,t dare wade.
I am in the process of building a duckboat right now for next season and will be looking for people to hunt with then also, I am retired and have lots of time to hunt, but not enough people to hunt with that have time to hunt. I really don't care what your age is, I just like to hunt.
oldhunter

·
Registered
33 Posts
i would love to get together with ya. i will be at my parents house this weekend. the 22nd and 23rd. if you want to go hunt the skagit then let me know. call me at 509-765-7782. i have 4 dozen dek's and would love to get together with guys from the site. so give a call or something and mabey we can work something out.

geoff

·
Registered
109 Posts
Probably won't be hunting much the rest of the season but I am getting ready to build one of Devlins sneak boats. It would be good to stay in touch, maybe trade boat building stories, and get ready for next season. Us older guys should stick together. "Old age and trechery beats youth and enthusiasim everytime" you can always PM or e-mail me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey geoff,
I missed you to day,I was at the wildlife center at 6:30 am and waited around untill about 8:00 am. I went ahead and hunted but there really wasn't anything happening, very few birds and they were flying really high. there was one guy on the other end of the field shooting at them anyway. It sounded like the boat hunters were doing pretty well from the amount of shooting coming from them. I hope that I just missed you, maby I was in the in the wrong place, and that nothing bad happened. Maby we can get together some other time.
oldhunter

·
Registered
33 Posts
hey oldhunter. i am very sorry about that. on my way over the mountains last night i broke one of my leaf springs in my truck and was S.O.L. on finding a new on till about 10:00 this mourning. i am looking at a few places for tomorrow so if you are interested )and the truck gods are willing) i would like to try again.

vwguy2004

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vwguy, I didn't read the post till just now(4:30 pm sunday) so it is too late for today. I will be able to hunt for the rest of the week if you are in the area. I think that all of the birds are rafted up on the big waters and don't really have a reason to move right now. I am glad that nothing serious happened to you, you had a long ways to drive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.