Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Quacked...funny thing about your post is that there would be sore shoulders in Heaven. It is kind of like a painful reward. But you gotta have the bruise to go along with it. Lets call it a "duck hunters tattoo".

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
all good guesses. the peaks you see in the background are the legendaryy "buttes" found north of sacramento in an area known as the "butte sink".

all around are mountains like this(approx 1000 feet high so really hard to call them mountains) and ther area around uit "sunk" in an earthqauke millions of years ago. it is the wintering grounds of 60 percent of the sprig in noth america. it can be seen as a background in many waterfowl paintings offerd by du and others waterfowl artists. it is also the home of "grey lodge" wmp. saw this view on the way home sunday evening and had to grab a pic.

BTW, i don't get to hunt this but we have about 100,00 acres just like this around that can be hunted.

this pick was taken saturady morning, same area, but with the fog the buttes were covered.

hope you guys think it is pretty as i do!

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SCoutdoorsman said:
surf_ox said:
what were those GPS coordinates again???????
Exactly :thumbsup:
look on a map and find marysville/yuba city california. about 50 miles north east of sacramento.

the catch is finding a place where they will let you hunt. that is when you will know you are a real duck hunter:salude:

there is a club 1 1/2 miles up the road from this place that has identical rice fields and they hardly ever have a duck fly over. 3 man pit goes for $4500 :yes:

grey lodge refuge , at the base of the buttes, is open wed, sat, and sunday and will hold 400 hunters at a time. you have to draw or stand in a sweat line. they get about 3000 apps for the 400 spots each day it is open. i opt for takimg picks and shooting my ducks elsewhere as i have finally become a real cal duck hunter. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
No thank ya, I dont stand in no line for no christmas sell and i will never stand in one to try and hunt somewhere just to shoot a duck. Dont get me wrong I love to hunt but I rather go 30 times have 2 good days than pay anyone that amount of money to hunt. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.