Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to get a new semi auto and wally world has a Rem spr 435 for $360.

think it is a good deal as it takes 3.5 magnums, but not sure as to quality, workability, reliability.

hoping to hear some people's tales of the gun and what they thought.

any feed back greatly apreciated.

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
:welcome: to DHC. You will find 90 percent of people have positive things to say about the gun and almost 100 percent of people that own them love them. Ive had mine for 7 years now and absolutely love it. I have had some of the higher end guns and this one has suited me better. It is not the prettiest and does not have the best finish but is a great gun especially for the money. You can buy 4 of them compared to one of brand X. :biggrin:
Use the search button at the top of the screen and type in spr453 you will get thousands of topics as this is brought up constantly.

·
Registered
559 Posts
:hijacked:

Have you guys been shooting steel out the full factory chokes on these? No problems?

Also, as I have just bought one and in the process of getting it shimmed for LOP, drop, and cast, has anyone tried Kicks chokes in theirs? I have heard from a very reputable source that the Terror chokes pattern well in these, but I like the Kicks Highflyer ext ported chokes.

Thanks and sorry for the thread jack.

Mine, BTW, is the Baikal MP135 in black syn - I got it demoed with 3 boxes of shells through it and a hiviz installed for $400 CAD. :tongue: [/u]

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I have the 310 O/U. Have shot steel out of the factory tube with no problems, it's marked Full-Steel/Mod-Lead. Switched it out when I realized that my geese were coming in to the dekes at about 20 yards and I was finding my wads at 35+, those were Heavy-Steel B's. End of :hijacked:

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
brent4hire said:
Have you guys been shooting steel out the full factory chokes on these? No problems?

Also, as I have just bought one and in the process of getting it shimmed for LOP, drop, and cast, has anyone tried Kicks chokes in theirs? I have heard from a very reputable source that the Terror chokes pattern well in these, but I like the Kicks Highflyer ext ported chokes.[/u]
You can shoot reasonable sized steel out of the factory full, but it will pattern like crap. If you want full patterns try the extended modified precision hunters from trulock. They work wonders with that gun. They have them for $40 through trulock, and cheaperthandirt was selling them for about 25-30 recently.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I wasn't sure so I had to check, but no, cheaperthandirt doesn't ship to canada. Call George at Trulock. He'll give you the skinny on the precision hunters and if they don't ship there, he can give you a number to a retailer who will.

800-293-9402

1 - 20 of 21 Posts