Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever tried a Ward Game Calls Acrylic goose call? They sell on ebay new pretty cheap. I have never heard of them before.

Also, anyone every heard a Hayes Acrylic barrelled duck call?

I know I should just man up and buy a loud SMM or gaston or something, but was just curious on how these sounded.

Mike

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I have tried both I guess I am a sucker for a bargan too. The ward shortreed was not very good at all I could not blow it and sound anything like a goose with the guts that came with it. I did put some other guts in it and it was just ok. I ended up giving it away in the end.:thumbsdown:

The ward acrylic open water is what I bought from him. I was under the impression at the time that it was an all acrylic call there was a misprint in the Ebay add. It is a echo poly insert bored out a little in an acrylic barrel. He was a true gentleman about it and returned my money. The call sounded ok kind of like an echo poly openwater.
good luck either way.

Bret

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bret. I have a Tim Grounds clearly the goose talk coming soon, I will wait and try that out.

Then I will just buck up and fork out the money for a loud acrylic duck call. I hunt huge open water and I want something that is LOUD....

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.