Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,063 Posts
I disagree with overcharging people, but generally agree.

If you want to charge someone with murder, then do so. Don't charge them for jaywalking, speeding, reckless driving, physical assault, assault with a deadly weapon, aggravated assault, first and second degree murder, voluntary manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter and tax evasion.

·
Registered
14,063 Posts
Yes, a "throw it all against the wall" to nail someone of something.... anything may be a solid approach to assure you get something out of it, but I think it is unethical. Charge a person with what the evidence indicates is the crime.

Not much different than a cop stopping you for speeding (okay, you go me) and writing a dozen tickets (justified or not), all of which you then must defend yourself against.

Officer, I did not swerve over the middle lane or fail to stop.

Tell it to the judge.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
The 3 Stooges go to the big house👍👍👍🐍! Actually the old man was the head A S S H O L E in my humble opinion.

·
Administrator
42,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I disagree with overcharging people, but generally agree.

If you want to charge someone with murder, then do so. Don't charge them for jaywalking, speeding, reckless driving, physical assault, assault with a deadly weapon, aggravated assault, first and second degree murder, voluntary manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter and tax evasion.
From that perspective, if the same applied to a simpler non-violent crime you're right , someone could get hosed trying to defend themselves against multiple BS charges. The hoping-to-make-something-stick approach if not clear I'd consider a crime in itself.

·
Administrator
42,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 3 Stooges go to the big house👍👍👍🐍! Actually the old man was the head A S S H O L E in my humble opinion.
Yea...I knew the background/premise of the case and was hoping I just hadn't caught something glaring that would be proven later. But nope, wow, talk about giving racism some renewed truth and energy. Agree on the eldest...I guess I have just always kept better company than these guys cause it was obvious what happened.

I didn't spend much time getting to know much about Arbery's background and maybe he was an azz but...the vigilantly thing here is pretty sad.

·
Registered
14,063 Posts
It continues to surprise me when there is more than one person willing to do something stupid and racist, and extreme. If one of the three would have just said stop, the tragedy would have been averted, but instead it appears they slipped right into the pack mentality that feeds upon itself.

Sad for Arbery and his family, and sad for the families of the three stooges as they now get to carry this as well for the rest of their lives. If they do not move across the country, it will always be their mantra - the relative of the racist killer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts