Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Yes...as with any diver however, preperation is everything. :cool: Back in the day...people ate pelicans, boobies, eagles, hawks, and anything else they could creep up on and kill. I would imagine id have ta be starving near death to eat a pelican :eek:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree, preparation is everything. As far as pelicans go, I can't speak from experience, but boobies.......they're hard to beat, no matter how you cook them! :laughing:

(you knew that someone what going to jump on that)

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Some people eat coots so I hear.(Never seen , smelled nor eatten one) Some eat mergansers so golden eyes should be just as edible. An old trapper I knew used to make muskrat stew. I have eaten Bar-B-Qed racoon and roasted beaver(some raw to) but have never eaten raw duck then washed it down with swamp water from the swamp. Some kinds of swamp water aren't too bad though. I guess if it came down to stayin alive or starvin I'd probably eat the arse hole out of a skunk :toofunny: Eat the golden eye its a duck!!!

Keep the sport alive take a kid hunting/fishing.

·
Registered
450 Posts
But I bet you could make a nice wallet out of the flappy beak pouch thingy.
no doubt about that. lol

when me and my friend went duck hunting for the first time he shot a coot and cleaned it... no joke about a quart of black red blood came out of that thing. i can't imagine eating one. we always eat what we kill except for that coot. so we don't shoot coots.

yes goldeneye are eatable.

had

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.