Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am coming to Arkansas Dec. 26-30. I have heard many people say that the ducks just aren't there. With the cold weather up north, I was wandering if the ducks were incresing in numbers. I talked to my friend in Blytheville and he took a plane up the Mississippi and said that he say hundereds of thousands of ducks around St. Louis. Just wandering if the ducks are in Arkansas yet.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would have to agree...Monday morning I could tell a difference in the numbers of ducks I've been seeing. Killed 4 greenheads and 2 greenwings in a couple of hours. I'm still not seeing the numbers we really want to see, but with every cold front it is getting better! Your hunt should be right on time! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another question...I will be hunting mostly flooded timber and they say if it gets too cold there and freezes everything up the ducks wont stay, they'll just fly on by. I think the dates I am coming it is supposed to warm up a little, but are these places frozen up now?

·
Registered
64 Posts
The freeze is supposed to last till Sunday. It's true that the ducks will pass by the ice...but...this will be prime time to hit a river (or an area with some current in the water) When those ricefields and shallow timber holes freeze....hit a river. :hammering: BTW....what area of the state will you be hunting?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.