Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the GHG hot buys really hot buys or are they to good to be true at $25.00 a dozen?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
There great decoys.. I orderd a doz of em... And are happy with them so far. I got them this spring so I havn't got the privlage of hunting over these bad boys but can't wait to get em in the water...

Mallyard

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
They had alot of problems with paint adhesion the last 2 years. Just a cheap quality decoy in my book. I have always figured that you get what you pay for. But if on a strict budget - they are better than no decoys at all. I personally do not like the fact that they are made in Communist China where workers are paid 32 cents an hour on average.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
h2ofwlr said:
I personally do not like the fact that they are made in Communist China where workers are paid 32 cents an hour on average.
I really don't like that eather

·
Registered
16 Posts
DH16,

I bought a dozen of the GHG "Hot Buys" last year and was able to use them on the river all season here in Arkansas, and had very good hunts over them. The "Hot Buys" are a little smaller than the normal standard decoy, and because of the relaxed position have a lower profile in the water. I did have them mixed with standard dekes. This mix (I felt) added to the realism of the spread (add a swivel head or two if you can)

I hunt rivers mainly so the focus of the flights are already in my direction. I do not have to get the attention with the larger dekes on the rivers like I have to in larger waters or flooded fields and/or timber.

I did not have any trouble with the paint, no more than normal wear. My dekes have always taken the most abuse on the river hunts, so I was pleased with the outcome.

I have been hunting ducks since the late 70's for the money you can't beat the "Hot Buys" to build a spread.

Bring'em Down

·
Registered
86 Posts
i bought a doz last fall after on year i think they are built solid. but the paint chips and there is not much of a neck to wrap cord around .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts