Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I AM LOOKING FOR ANY INFO ON THESE ARMY OR BRIDGE BOATS. I HAVE SEEN GLIMPSES OF THEM HERE AND THERE AND I HAVE READ SOME POST FROM PEOPLE WHO CLAIM THEY KNOW OF THEM BUT I STILL AM IN THE DARK. SOMEONE PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME.

·
Registered
17,699 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,100 Posts

·
Registered
17,699 Posts
I'll see if I can find the link again

·
Registered
915 Posts
FYI, I was fortunate enough to drive a bridge boat. I believe it was 18 or 20 feet in length and about 7 feet or wider. I think it was powered by 150 hp. They are big and heavy gauge aluminum. But not heavy enough. Even with three batteries, two fuel tanks, and two 220 pound guys the boat felt like i was driving on ice in the turns. I think the design of the boat/hull is meant for a much heavier load at speeds over 25 mph. I will say there is not a more durable aluminum boat ever made. The quality, thickness, rivets, and overall design is literally bulletproof. The boat was so "slick" in the turns, I nearly put it into a levee. If you get one, you might consider having some sort of bottom fins welded to the bottom or a whale tail could possibly help. FYI, you could park a four door sedan inside the boat. :beer: good luck finding one.

That motor pushed the boat in high thirties to low forties.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts