Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
High school...i dont know, they are still minors according to the law. Older students maybe. There are no kids holding a football, tennis raquet, or golf clubs in formall pictures in my high school yearbook. Sounds like he wants special interest....wich I am against. Glad to see the kid taking a stand on a sport he loves...shows backbone and good charecter, wich I respect. In my opinion, if the school board lets the boy pose with his gun because he like to shoot skeet...whats stopping a "blood" or "crypt" from posing with his 9 because he likes to do drive bys? Y'all have a nice day! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
That is funny. I had a picture with my break shotgun and flyrod in one of my senior pictures because my mom wanted me to have it. It did not go in the yearbook though...

I guess it depends what area you are in. I came from a small farming community and no one would care. Shoot there were always shotguns hanging in the backwindow of the parking lot. We use to bring in guns to shop class to refinish the stocks. I can remember a teacher calling me and asking me to bring my hunting compound bow to PE so people could see what a real bow would do. I am glad I am not having to grow up in today's schools. So much has changed in so little time. I feel sorry for kids these days!

·
Registered
271 Posts
98ramtough said:
I feel sorry for kids these days!
I agree... The problem is that most of them don't know anything different. They take all of this stuff as the norm and don't question why. With four kids I've had a parade of different friends pass through our house, many of them during hunting season. After a weekend in the MO gumbo I'll have my stuff, including guns, out on the dining room table for a good cleaning. I've had kids want to call their parents because there is a gun in the house. To my knowledge, it has never cost any of my kids a friendship.

The upside is this... I have three daughters, all cute blondes. I figure it will make me more imposing to would be boy friends on down the line. I'll make it a habit to clean my guns when they come to call. I figure with a lot of these pansies that are being brainwashed by the media and schools, I'll be able to scare the crap out of them! Let's hope so anyway!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Steve... Haha thats great! I will do the same thing when I have a little girl someday. I dated a girl in highschool once that had a dad with a huge guncase in the front room with about 40 rifles in it. I showed up to take her to the dance and he was cleaning an old sako rifle. I complimented him on the beautiful sako gun, and zeiss scope, he was a cool guy and let me have her out a little later. I am sure he was trying at first to scare me, but found that I loved guns and grew up with them... I dated her for about two years and would go hunting and fishing with her dad, he was a great guy...

·
Registered
23 Posts
hey im a 16 year old boy and you are all right. schools today are screwed up. way to many kids and very liberal and i find it hard to even talk about hunting and fishing in school. i mean if i tell someone i do what i love they are just like omg how can u do that to animals if you love them. they just dont understand that most sportsmen are out to help populations instead of just the killing part. plus i feel that my generation of kids is a just a bunch of pansies. i mean most kids my age cant do any work for themselves and just get everything they want. so note to all the parents out there if you want your kids to turn out good be like my parents and make them work for what they want. they will learn to like what they have a lot better. well sry bout my rant its just something i feel strongly about.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I remember when we would take our hunting gear to school, leave it in the trunk of or our cars and hunt rabbit afterwards. When I as in middle school we had a .22 rifle team that would practice in the basement of the school. I was better at shooting than spelling, and I can't shoot for nothing...

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
That is pretty sad. I graduated in 2002 and had a picture taken with my Grandfather's BPS and my bird dog. A friend in the same class had his taken with turkey decoys and his BPS. Another Friend that graduated in 2003 had a rifle in his pic. Our yearbook staff said nothing. I usually had a gun in my truck so after practice I could go shoot at some doves or turkeys. Snuck in a duck hunt before school some days. We live in a small community and hunting is accepted as a right of passage for boys around here.

I am staying in the dorms for my final semster of JUCO. If they find me with a gun parked on school property I will be arrested. Makes it hard to go duck hunting or pheasant hunting on the days that I don't have class.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.