Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We field hunt for canadians and would like the opportunity to shoot a few snows if it presents it self.

1. Can snows be called into a group of canadian dekes?

2. Will only a few white dekes due in a seperate family group?

3. Any other advice to draw in snows when hunting canadians?

· Registered
965 Posts
very good qustions ... i am the same as you... but most the time when i shoot snows i am hunting for them ... but i would also like to know if you could still just set up for dark geese and still beable to shoot some snows if they are around... all help is given great thanks...
yellow

· Registered
2,183 Posts
I have kiiled them over darks, but only when they are flying with a group of canadas. It usually takes alot of white and noise on the ground to get their attention. You might get a few juvies, but don't expect flocks of them to come on in. We set out 300 snows and blue windsocks along with some shells and silos. Geese wouldn't even look at us. We do put white socks over our bigfoots heads and make them double as blue goose decoys.

· Registered
3,108 Posts
Honks are snobs and really do not like to fly over snows. But Snows will readily fly over Honks. When both have been feeding in the same filed together, I do use both decoys. Honks on down wind side of spread and snows upwind 20 yds of space between them.
Nothing like shooting a mixed bag of Honks, Snows and ducks in the morning in the fields. :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.