Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
965 Posts
i guess you would ahve to say it is a lot of luck but... the thing that impacts you the number of bands the most is location ... sometimes on hunts up north it isn't uncommon for like every 3 bird to be banded but around here ks_wf... getting bands can be a challange ... i have shot one band...a goose and that is it counting that one i have only seen 2 shot with bands ... my bro shot the other .. . (he has alot for around here ...i wish i could hunt as much as him)

yellow

· Registered
965 Posts
IMHO how many bands or lack there of does not at all indicate proweness of hunting skills. Way too much is made of it.
h2o

very true... i have one and am very proud of it and all but i am sure others are better hunters and have none esp. around these parts ...like i said .. around here it is alot of luck i have an unclue who has be a hard core fowler for 30 some years and has 1 and this is a man who knows how to hunt... if there are 7 birds in the state he will find 6 of them and limit that day...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.