Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me vent about my week. My wife is in Al. visiting friends until I can find us a suitable rental and bring her and my son back out. Finding a rental in a military town (Jacksonville) that is in our prospective price range and the things that we need is almost unreal. Well I found a rental a week ago last Thursday, I moved all of our furniture and belongings in the same weekend. 15 truck loads (F-150) by myself. Cleaned the house from front to back, top to bottom and got the yard cleaned up and mowed. Three full days of work. Finished everything on Monday night this past week and since I had not set the beds up yet, I was staying one more night in my buds house. Went to the house on Tues. and found out that someone had broken into the house and rummaged through my belongings and left through a window they broke in the dining room. They kicked the door so hard that they bent the dead bolt but it still did it's job and prevented them from entering through the door. They didn't get anything from the house but got into the shed and I ended up losing two baby mojo's and about 8 dozen dekes. IF you see anyone using dekes with the initials GAF on bottom, they would be mine. I know that they would be smart enough to paint over the initials or sand them off but there is always a chance. Found out there was a murder just down the road and a rash of break ins throughout the neighborhood. We are getting out of the lease and I spent all day today moving my stuff back into storage. Wish I would have known about the area before. The road is Lake Cole Rd. off of Piney Green.

And what beats all is that Tuesday was my birthday. Happy b-day to me

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hey sorry about your bad luck since you got to NC. I've got family in Jacksonville we go and visit on a pretty regular basis 2 years ago they were having problems in their neighborhood and they moved to the big city of richlands which is just a jump from there. Hopefully the police will do there job and you will recover your dec's but It will probably be like everywhere else in the state where they are more concerned with giving out a seatbelt ticket than actually looking for a criminal. If you ever need to borrow any lmk I'm in the area pretty often and would be more than glad to loan you some to get you by till you restock.

Elwood :welcome:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
sorry to hear that man, definately sucks. i'll keep an eye out for deeks for sale on here and in the papers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts