Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got another waterfowl topic here :rofl:

anyone ever made one of these?
a friend of mine works at a dealership and they have these big balloons by the thousands. he said on their break they go out and take a styrofoam cup of water(they used coffee) and poke holes in the top and attach a bunch of balloons to it. then wrap the line around a lit cigarette. as the balloons gained altitude the air would burn the cigarette down and burn through the line causing the cup to fall with a big impact.
anyway i questioned it, and i wondered if anyone has done it to prove it works. being a physics/science guy it seemed interesting.
their not the sharpest tools in the shed though i'll agree.
falling big gulp cups of coffee fromm hundreds of feet up at a car dealership :huh: :no:

·
Registered
87 Posts
DID THIS USING GARBAGE BAGS AND 3 MORTAR FIREWORKS. PUT THE FUSES THROUGH THE CIGARETTE AND TIED THE BAG BELOW THE CIGARETTE. ONCE THE FUSES WENT THEY DROPPED OFF THE BAG AND BLEW UP IN MID AIR. SURPRISED THE CRAP OUT OF THE NEIGHBORS. GOOD TIMES

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
i don't get how you attach the cigarette, can you do a diagram in paint and post it?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
idahofowler said:
i don't get how you attach the cigarette, can you do a diagram in paint and post it?
its like a single string with a knot around the cigarette halfway up. when the cigarette burns down to the string it burns it into. causing the cup to drop away from the balloons.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
The penny off the building has been proven false.. The myth busters did it.

·
Registered
17,699 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.