Duck Hunting Forum banner

How many banded waterfowl have you harvested?

• None

Votes: 25 29.4%
  • 1-3

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • 4-6

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • 7-9

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • 10-13

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • 14-17

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • 18-20

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 21 or more

Votes: 6 7.1%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
I've only gotten one, but I'll never forget it. I finished off a bird that was already going down, but the guys I was hunting with were old, experienced duck hunters and I was very much a greenhorn. They awarded me with the banded bird because as the "good luck greenhorn" I drew the best spot in the marsh that day. I had never hunted with those guys before; they needed an extra draw and I was new and needed a group of guys that had some knowledge. I learned a lot from those guys on that trip and we saw more birds that day than I ever had on all my prior hunts combined. It was an awesome sight for a new duck hunter. I got to hut with them out of the goodness of their hearts (and my luck :wink: ). I'll never forget it.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Got my first on a goose last season on my daughter's 4th B-day. Scouted some last weekend and found several with jewelry to be robbed during the September season. :yes:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have zero bands on my lanyard although I remember shooting a few when I was a kid, didn't know you were supposed to save them, oh well my only memory of that is asking my old man what they were.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i have eight .......3 wooduck drakes ,3 greenheads,1 woodcock ,and a woodduck hen mounted and i killed a green wing teal with a band but let the guy i was hunting with have it and i probably have more that i forgot about

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
forester11 said:
I have zero bands on my lanyard although I remember shooting a few when I was a kid, didn't know you were supposed to save them, oh well my only memory of that is asking my old man what they were.
and he didn't leave you the bands... ?

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have one from a Canada last year.

I hunted at a duck camp this January in Arkansas. One of the other groups got a band that day. The guide said it was only the 3rd band of the year after something like 3600 ducks taken. It gave me an idea of how rare a band can be.

·
Registered
113 Posts
sometimes they are rare 2 of the three mallard bands i got on my lanyard one day a flock of twenty or so came in i shot a tripple 2 were banded around the places i hunt they band alot of woodducks but i never killed a woodduck banded colose by

1 - 20 of 39 Posts