Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE A 10 MONTH OLD LAB THAT WILL NOT STOP BARKING WHEN HE IS IN HIS KENNEL. I ONLY PUT HIM IN THERE WHEN I AM HEADED OUT. OTHER WISE HE IS INSIDE AND NO BARKING PROBLEM THEN. HE IS JUST TOO YOU TO TRUST BEING INSIDE ALL DAY. I HAVE TRIED THE ULTRA SONIC DEVICES BUT IT DOES NOT WORK. I HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT GETTING A ELECTRONIC BARK COLLAR BUT WAS WONDERING IF THIS WOULD CAUSE ANY ILL AFFECT DURING TRAINING? HE JUST GOT BACK FROM A PROFESSIONAL TRAINER AND IS FULLY COLLAR CONDITIONED. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED BY MYSELF AND MY NEIGHBORS TOO.....

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
We use electric bark collars on our dogs and we've never had any problems in any way. We take the collar off while hunting and put it back on afterwards. The dogs learn very quickly that it only shocks them when they bark. Our neighbors have never complained since we started using them.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I have a yellow lab. He's been in gun training for 4 months. He never barked until he went into training. Same as you, barks and wants attention. He knows the difference between the bark and training collars. No problem. Sometimes I let him bark for a while, I've listened to all of my neighbors dogs for ever. I don't keep it on at night. He's ok when we're home. But he knows when we leave.

·
Registered
247 Posts
CLUTCHfan said:
We use electric bark collars on our dogs and we've never had any problems in any way. We take the collar off while hunting and put it back on afterwards. The dogs learn very quickly that it only shocks them when they bark. Our neighbors have never complained since we started using them.
yup, worked for me to

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
The only thing I didnt like about the bark collars we got were that when the dogs were playing it would cause vibration and shock them. I stopped this by leaving one day, then walking back to my house and sneaking back inside and watching them through the window and used the regular e-colar when they barked. When I have a dog kenneled by themself I will throw the bark colar on and it works great, it just wasn't working right with the two dogs together. They wrestle and play too much....

As the dog gets older they will learn not to bark, or that you don't like it when they bark. Just keep your patience, it gets better!

:salude:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all the good advice. He seems to be getting the idea that the kennel is not as bad as he once thougt it was. [/quote]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts