Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it was in the high 30's this morning but that didnt slow them down. (water temp, 55 degrees) they are fixing to be bedded up! they were in about 1ft-2ft of water. but once the sun came out they quit. we caught 17, a couple over 6 pounds.
but thats all the details you get :biggrin:
y'all get out there!

·
Registered
223 Posts
your right....the first wave of spawning or sperming as I like to call it has already started....and it only going to get better over the next month.....I found the majority of my fish the past few trips in 3-5 foot range staging wating to move up....although there are some fish up shallow already.....If you want to catch a big fish this month and and into next month is the time to do it!........

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey guys went out friday evening and saturday. we caught over 40. 23 were keepers (over the slot).

theyre in about a foot and a half of water, semi muddy, and as soon the weather levels out the spawn will be in full swing. talk to a guy in a pirogue that caught somewhere around 70.

i know the lakes are packed right now, but theres a reason for it.

i feel sorry for those guys in the 20 ft big boats that had to watch us from a distance catch all the fish :rofl:
ok no im not. i guess they'll never learn.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Hey greenhead sounds like you know what your talking about when it come to bass fishing. Im going to a lake this weekend that has lots of cypress trees in about 5 to 8 feet of water. Im thinking about throwing a rouge and a senko. What do you think? Is this sudden cold weather going to mess them up and another chance of rain thursday and friday? Could you help me out? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
move a bit shallower. those fish are gonna stay between 1 and 4 feet of water, even in this cool weather the water temperature will stay in the mid to upper 50's.
a rogue will probably work well. i prefer black back orange belly.
if its sunny, you might wanna try a light colored lizard.
early morning and late evening or when its cloudy you should use a spinnerbait. thats what everyone is catching them on right now. (white & chartruse, or white)

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Yea thats my favorite rouge a black back with orange belly and gold in the middle or silver in the middle with my added treble hook with feathers on it. :yes: Should i fish a little slower since its going to be colder?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
orangefoot said:
Should i fish a little slower since its going to be colder?
no. i wouldnt fish it real slow, but you dont wanna just reel it in either.
medium speed. its not cold enough for the fish to slow down their feeding very much. check your water temp. if its below 55 degrees then you may wanna start slowing it down. but i gotta tell ya, if i were you id be using a spinnerbait. :wink:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Ive got two things to say:
1. When are we goin fishin?
2.The guys you saw in bass boats are dumbasses. We fish out of a 21 ft. bass boat and most of the fishing we do is just like you were doin.

PS. you can e-mail me a map to your fishin spot.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
duck huntin mamou said:
Ive got two things to say:
1. When are we goin fishin?
2.The guys you saw in bass boats are dumbasses. We fish out of a 21 ft. bass boat and most of the fishing we do is just like you were doin.
PS. you can e-mail me a map to your fishin spot.
man if u got a 21 ft. boat you wont be in here. a $40,000 boat is not something you even want to have in there. this is pirogue country.
and as far as my spot.
i caught all my fish in the water over there by that bush :tongue:

but, my dad went back today and caught twice as many. i hate college :no:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
orangefoot said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Come on it's not private is it? Let me hear bout it. :thumbsup:
:rofl: its on Toledo Bend. thats not an easy lake to fish though. its huge. although its not "secret" you'll never find my spots. :yes:

·
Premium Member
6,203 Posts
Grappler have yall seen any carp gettin stupid yet, and what was the water temp. Pretty Please.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
smackaduck said:
Grappler have yall seen any carp gettin stupid yet, and what was the water temp. Pretty Please.
umm. not really, there was a few gar up in that shallow water raisin hell. but it just started. water temperature is 59 in the mornings warming up to 63 at the highest.(last weeks weather did that)
buffalo will turn it on when it warms up a little more. i need to get my bow rigged up. we're in the perfect situation down there and im not taking advantage of it.

my dad said that this weather even got the Bass messed up. hes catching some, but theyre all 14/15" fish. not the big ones we pulled out of there last week.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts