Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about breeding a beaver with my labrador. Does anybody see a problem with that? I figured that it could swim really good and retrieve ducks and cut down trees when I can't wade across a creek channel. What do you guys think? :laughing:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Of course not. That tail will make this a bad mother flying through the water. Not to mention that it can make one loud warning splash if something goes wrong. :toofunny:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
ga you are to late this year to breed. Here is a little info to help you along your quest of breeding.

Breeding season falls in January-February. Beavers are territorial animals and have to use some simple techniques to attract a partner. Oil productive glands allow Beavers to mark their territory and are a reliable means of letting prospective mates know they are welcomed to share the area. Gestation period lasts for about four months. The average litter size is 4 kits. They are born fully furred and learn to swim soon after birth. Their eyes are open at birth and will go underwater within a few hours after the actual time of birth. Delivery can be a long process sometimes. It may take a few days for a female Beaver to produce a litter. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SCoutdoorsman said:
ga you are to late this year to breed. Here is a little info to help you along your quest of breeding.

Breeding season falls in January-February. Beavers are territorial animals and have to use some simple techniques to attract a partner. Oil productive glands allow Beavers to mark their territory and are a reliable means of letting prospective mates know they are welcomed to share the area. Gestation period lasts for about four months. The average litter size is 4 kits. They are born fully furred and learn to swim soon after birth. Their eyes are open at birth and will go underwater within a few hours after the actual time of birth. Delivery can be a long process sometimes. It may take a few days for a female Beaver to produce a litter. :thumbsup:
You sure seem to know a lot about beaver! :getdown: :salude:

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I think this breed might have some merits but if you have a wooden stocked gun I would strongly recomend that the Beavador be muzzeled or you switch to a synthetic stock. :salude: Now if you really want to turn out some litters consider the Minkador breed, they are very playful, love water and if it doesn't pan out as a good retriever you can always turn it into a beautiful coat. :laughing: :laughing: And the Minkador comes in three colors Black, Brown and Blond. They are also recognized by the APC.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Swamp Puppy said:
oh dear lord.... :toofunny:

you know...maybe you should mix in one of them hairless breeds while your at it.
Now that is the best damn idea I have heard in a while! I will see what I can do. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
PU I think my dog was bred by a skunk last night. :eek: Any-one up for one of the pups? :laughing: they ought to be purdy. And strong in the scent department. :toofunny: got to go and try to make her a bit more pleasent to be around .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.