Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who has a beaver tail blind, I wanted to know your opinions on its durability and secondarily it’s effectiveness on divers.

I’m looking at buying a beaver tail vs one from popupblinds.com. The beaver tail is made from aluminum and the other from stainless steel.

There will likely be times that I place mlb layout on top of it over the gunnels and want to know if it will survive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
43,164 Posts
Good job guys. I think we helped Woody.

·
Registered
161 Posts
They are as Toyotas nail’s Shot lots of puddle ducks out of mine. So I believe it will fool a diver properly brushed

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Yep. When you can't close the deal with my SIL with as many wingmen as Woody had pulling for him, it's probably time to start checking out prerequisites for becoming a priest.
Oh man, the smokin SIL. Miss those days and pics. If I had to guess I’d say she aged well.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
She got married a couple of years ago but she has indeed aged like a fine wine. She's as attractive as ever. Those days of trying to get Woody hooked up with her were some fun DHC times!
He took a beating and it was great. Truth be told, I don’t think he coulda handled her.

·
Registered
12,496 Posts
Hell, she’d probably put me in the hospital too! But it woulda been the best 5 seconds of her life.
I had a birthday a few months back and had a bunch of people over for a BBQ, including the SIL and her husband. We'd all had a few beers and the SIL's husband asked me what I'd asked for, for my b-day. I said a threesome with my wife and his wife. Yes people, it was a joke. It was one of those moments you see in movies where there is music playing, people talking and having a great time and then some idiot says something stupid and everything stops and goes silent. My wife was pissed at me for 5 days over that comment. I called the dude and apologized the next day. Don't think the two of us will be spending any time fishing together anytime soon. I'm a dummy and like many others I know, I turn into my 18 year old self after a few brewskis.

·
Administrator
43,164 Posts
I had a birthday a few months back and had a bunch of people over for a BBQ, including the SIL and her husband. We'd all had a few beers and the SIL's husband asked me what I'd asked for, for my b-day. I said a threesome with my wife and his wife. Yes people, it was a joke. It was one of those moments you see in movies where there is music playing, people talking and having a great time and then some idiot says something stupid and everything stops and goes silent. My wife was pissed at me for 5 days over that comment. I called the dude and apologized the next day. Don't think the two of us will be spending any time fishing together anytime soon. I'm a dummy and like many others I know, I turn into my 18 year old self after a few brewskis.
Was he actually upset/put-off:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:???

Well, at least you got the go/no go answer from the wife.

·
Registered
12,496 Posts
Was he actually upset/put-off:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:???

Well, at least you got the go/no go answer from the wife.
I don't think he was bugged about it. He chuckled when I said it and was totally cool when I called him the next day. However, my wife, who very, very rarely gets upset, was ticked off. I know when my wife gets mad I may have crossed a line. :LOL::LOL:

·
Administrator
43,164 Posts
I don't think he was bugged about it. He chuckled when I said it and was totally cool when I called him the next day. However, my wife, who very, very rarely gets upset, was ticked off. I know when my wife gets mad I may have crossed a line. :LOL::LOL:
I didn't think anyone could one-up my telling the wife during the 2020 election that she was a "low information voter" but you found a way. Congrats. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Locked&Loaded

·
Registered
12,496 Posts
I didn't think anyone could one-up my telling the wife during the 2020 election that she was a "low information voter" but you found a way. Congrats. 🤣
When I knew my wife was mad, I said, "I'm sorry, I've been goofing off and saying things like that to your sister for years." She replied with, "Geeeezus you can't say things like that to her husband" and I could tell from the fire in her eyes, I was about to get the whole can of whoop arse. What I've learned about people who rarely get mad is that when they finally do, they seem to have years of pent-up emotion and frustration that comes to the surface all at once and it's best to apologize and keep your mouth shut so as to not make matters any worse. Hard to explain how terrifying a 115lb woman can be. :oops:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts