Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
SELL THAT PIECE OF JUNK, HARD HITTING BENELLI ( TERRIBLE RECOIL) AND BUY YOURSELF AN AMERICAN MADE GUN....

A GOOD PUMP....870 OR A WINCHESTER...
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
On a more positive note- There are lots of benelli nova lovers out there. (I am one of them)

I am sure someone will chime in with more information on doing this. I too am curious.

Mike

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I have heard that a gunsmith CAN adjust the trigger...sorry, I dont know the specifics. Benelli does have a website with a forum...Check em out...they helped me figure out how to remove the plug. There is a " search" feature as well on the forum page, to help find past posts. Keep your Nova...mine knocks the crap outa dux and geeses. Y'all have a nice day!
:hammering: :hammering: :hammering: :hammering:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the information..I will check with my local shop and find out if they can adjust it for me. I was looking for an "at home" adjustment (if it was even possible). I got a reply on a second forum telling me that he polished his trigger assebly and changed his 8 1/2 pound trigger to a 5 pound pull. He did say that his was a benelli shotgun but not a Nova. I will post more information if I find more.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
i haven't heard of any "home" adjustments. please keep us informed as most of us in here don't know any better and shoot these silly Benelli things. i, for one, would be interested in what you find out.

·
Registered
450 Posts
:withstupid: me too.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
huntingiowa said:
SELL THAT PIECE OF JUNK, HARD HITTING BENELLI ( TERRIBLE RECOIL) AND BUY YOURSELF AN AMERICAN MADE GUN....

A GOOD PUMP....870 OR A WINCHESTER...
:thumbsup:
You ever owned one or shot one? Or are you just for american made period? Just curious.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Bass Pro in Springfield has their Nova's on sale starting march 31 for $299.
I don't shoot them, nor am I interested in the Nova, but I know that some of you guys are.
:salude:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Shot one =yes
owned one=yes

I think they are over rated. They feel like a piece of junk personally.

The pump action is noisy too.

They aren't the easiest of guns to fix either. When it comes to the 870 or others the smith work on them are easier and cheaper. Parts are much easier to come by.

And yes to be honest i am a bit of an "AMERICAN" only when it comes to guns. Might be a bit biased....sorry

·
Registered
6 Posts
huntingiowa said:
Shot one =yes
owned one=yes

I think they are over rated. They feel like a piece of junk personally.

The pump action is noisy too.

They aren't the easiest of guns to fix either. When it comes to the 870 or others the smith work on them are easier and cheaper. Parts are much easier to come by.

And yes to be honest i am a bit of an "AMERICAN" only when it comes to guns. Might be a bit biased....sorry
Giowanni , maybe you should try a Fabbri for duck hunting....

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Well I have to admit, having a beautiful woman engraved on my gun alongside a retriever and some ducks does look tempting. However, I think I can speak for a large majority of us whe I say that these would never, ever wind up on the bottom of our boats or in the marsh. they are just too nice. Quite beautiful, and that usually means: kaching! watch your money dissapear fast on this gun.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: What happens when ya put a 3.5" TT shotshell through it? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I would kick my own butt if I carried such a fine gun into some of the swamps I go through. Maybe one day :help:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I do not own a nova but I have a SBE2. I think it is by far the most simplistic design out there. You simply take the barrel off and remove the action. Cleaning it does not get much easier. It also stands up to whatever abuse I throw at it. I do not think the recoil is too bad although it does kick more than my browning gold. It is very light and compfortable. Looks great too. I do think that the Nova looks pretty goofy, but from what I hear they are durable and reliable just like the SBE's. For most serious waterfowlers that is very important.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.