Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought sbe2. Love it and cannot wait to hunt with it,but I am having problems with the saftey. It is very stiff, does anyone else have this problem, and how can I fix it? And if i fix it,will it void my warranty. I think it might have 2 do with my saftey plunger spring having 2 much tension. I've shot 150 rounds thru it in one day and could not move my finger at the end of the day; this will not be acceptable come october!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would fix it by returning it to the seller. I have one of the SBEII's on order and I can't wait to get it, but if there is even the smallest problem, back it will go!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have a Benelli Nova and when I frist got it the saft was really sticky i just used it and worked the saft and it got looser. Well that my 2 cents but you might want to return.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hunters beware of novas.bought one 2 seosons ago and after 2-3 boxes of shells the gun would not eject unfired shell and benellis service department was less than helpful. got a browning 3.5 bps and have been a happy camper ever since

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
grizz said:
I am having problems
Why does this not surprise me?

It seems the SBE is either great or a lemon, unfortunately 1 in 5 are lemons---this is ridiculus! If it was a car there would be a total recall forced by the govt. I have heard more guys swearing at them than about them. And good luck with their customer service :thumbsdown: I have heard guys waiting up to 9 months to get them fixed--6 months is common. That is totally unexceptable in my book as is a +$1200 gun malfunctioning as often as it is.

Guys forget the SBE, buy something-anything different than this model, oh and save yourself $300 to 500 too. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts