Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a new shotgun soon. Will be used mostly for duck hunting flooded timber, The occasional flights of geese and turkey. Really don't need 3.5 chamber, 3 inch is fine for everything I will be doing. What do you guys recommend? Do the new features on the SBE3 make it the gun to own or does the M2 take the cake?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you all recommending the M2 because of the issues with the SBE3 POI, or is the M2 really just that awesome? I ask because there seems to be a lot of fans on here that love the M2, I just hate to miss out on new technology/features if I am going to purchase one. Especially the "benelli click" fix on the SBE3

·
Registered
796 Posts
Buy what you want. I would also say get the M-2. The others gave their honest opinion and so will I since you said you do not need 3.5" capability.

I have no experience with the SBE 3, I quit buying them (SBE'S) after I got 2 HK SBE's and have been happy with them. I also have an M-2 and and M-1 both have been good guns as well. My son has the only SBE 2 in the house and his has been flawless.

The dreaded Benelli click does happen but over the last 20+ years of shooting a Benelli I have had it happen maybe a 1/2dz times and each was my fault. Don't let the new "Clickless" part steer you to forgetting about the M-2.

Mayes

·
Registered
38 Posts
I love my new SBE3. Fits me great. Love the new grip and forend being slimmer. Feed it shells effortlessly and has gone boom every time I pull the triger.
Both are fine guns. Buy what feels and fits you best.

J3

·
Premium Member
2,784 Posts
ggray3 said:
Are you all recommending the M2 because of the issues with the SBE3 POI, or is the M2 really just that awesome? I ask because there seems to be a lot of fans on here that love the M2, I just hate to miss out on new technology/features if I am going to purchase one. Especially the "benelli click" fix on the SBE3
IMO, don't put a lot of stock in the guy propagating the SBEIII issues with POA vs. POI as his proclamations are 90%+ Bovine Caca. When challenged, instead of furnishing evidence to back up his flexing stock claims, he instead goes into full frontal personal attack of the several guys that have done so over on the SGW website. On his own infomercial website questions aren't even allowed.

Get the one that fits you best and disregard the static from the CNN/MSNBCish "Russia, Russia, Russia" wannabes.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Yuchi1 said:
ggray3 said:
IMO, don't put a lot of stock in the guy propagating the SBEIII issues with POA vs. POI as his proclamations are 90%+ Bovine Caca. When challenged, instead of furnishing evidence to back up his flexing stock claims, he instead goes into full frontal personal attack of the several guys that have done so over on the SGW website. On his own infomercial website questions aren't even allowed.

Get the one that fits you best and disregard the static from the CNN/MSNBCish "Russia, Russia, Russia" wannabes.
-----------------------------
Yuchi must go to bed each night muttering Wakeman's name. He's nearly as obsessed with the man as Seth Myers is with Pres. Trump. In any case it's clear Yuchi lost his objectivity on the subject of Wakeman some time ago... I'm assuming then that YOUR SBE3 shoots to POA? :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,784 Posts
Tim,

My obsession is with people being truthful and if that's a character flaw, guilty as charged. If asking (politely) for verification of a public person's claim is loss of objectivity, again guilty as charged. The poster I responded to was apparently influenced to some degree by claims promulgated by someone that promotes themself as an authority on the subject in question. If pointing out the issues the individual in question has with being truthful is partisan, then again guilty as charged.

Ever wonder why he never comes here or other sites such as the 'fuge to promote his claims? Ever wonder why trapshooter dot com banned him? If not for the alleged symbiotic relationship between his own website and SGW it's probably safe to presume his tenure there would have been short lived as well?

Here, we're just a group of guys that love to discuss (sometimes spiritedly) this passion we're all addicted to and more often than not, w/o any personal financial gain lying under the surface.

And yes, once my SBEIII was shimmed to the proper fit (for me) it shot dead nuts. The stock exhibited no evidence of flexing or flopping.

If calling things as you see them is verboten here, please let me know and other arrangements can be made.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ended up pulling the trigger on the M2 in Timer Optofade. Can any of you M2 guys tell me what your gun prefers to eat and with what choke?!? Looking into the Rob Roberts T2&3 as a first option. Any other info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My M2 shot every kind of shell I put through it just fine, but I typically stuck with Winchester Super-X bc they were a decent shell for a decent price. I used the Carlson's mid-range and long-range waterfowl choke tubes in my M2 and absolutely loved them. I've tried patternmaster and kicks as well, and would recommend Carlson's all the way.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just got my M2 two days ago, used it yesterday and I'm blown away. It feels like I'm not even aiming, Almost like the gun is doing it itself. Went 25/25 on my first round of clays. I find that the shell latch is quite stiff and makes the last couple mm or so of the shell hard to load, really requires a good push. I'm sure it will become easier over time but I'm not worried about it. Also gotta be careful about the carrier as it will really get a good bite on your thumb if you don't press it down with your other hand. Other than that, I love the gun, shoots amazing and can't wait to use it this season.

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have a set of RR chokes for my sbe II and M2 but I am not sure they are worth the extra money. Dont get me wrong, I think the RR chokes are very good quality but I get great patterns with my Maxus and a set of Trulock as well. You really need to test a couple combinations but I would not discount Turlock and Carlson chokes. They are considerably less expensive and I am equally happy with their results.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Two dogs said:
I have a set of RR chokes for my sbe II and M2 but I am not sure they are worth the extra money. Dont get me wrong, I think the RR chokes are very good quality but I get great patterns with my Maxus and a set of Trulock as well. You really need to test a couple combinations but I would not discount Turlock and Carlson chokes. They are considerably less expensive and I am equally happy with their results.
wanna sell those RR chokes?

Honestly go hold them both and see how they feel in your hands I **** both last season and the M2 felt like it was made for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
220 Posts
Woodiewhacker82 said:
Two dogs said:
wanna sell those RR chokes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, thank you. Haha. I do like them just think they are a little overpriced.

·
Registered
78 Posts
When I bought my M2, I patterned it with the stock chokes, Briley chokes, and the RR chokes. I got the best patterns from the RR, so that's what I shoot. Just be careful when you're handling the RR chokes. The bottom end of the chokes is sharp as hell! I've cut my fingers on them a few times.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
ggray3 said:
Are you all recommending the M2 because of the issues with the SBE3 POI, or is the M2 really just that awesome?
I have a couple of M2s and a couple of SBEIIs, have shot the 3 and did not see any thing that warrants spending $1000 over the M2 American ($700 @ Dunn's)

The M2 is probably the most versatile shotgun Benelli has ever offered. Mine eats everything I have fed it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts