Duck Hunting Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
The "Benelli thumb" is the sole reason I will never own one. The ones I have shot shoot like a dream but I cannot get over having to use two hands to load it so I don't lose my thumbnail. I see that there's a specific technique. However, when my hand is cold and joints aren't working its is nearly impossible to keep my thumb from getting hung up. I own a franchi that is the same way. I don't shoot it anymore as I stick to my v3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,808 Posts
Been shooting Benellis every open day since the '90s, and seen gosh knows how many of them through my commercial blinds without ever hearing of "Benelli thumb" until reading this thread. Closest I've come is hearing guys speak of wearing the pads out of glove thumbs shoving shells into them on South American dove hunts.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
'Jes for giggles... I went online looking at Reed's to see what a new Benelli M2 was going for. I found a 20 gauge in Gore Optifade Marsh with a 28" barrel that had "Waterfowler" as part of the label. It was priced @ $2,199.00.
All I can say is OUCH!

·
Registered
20,808 Posts
Tim Terrell said:
'Jes for giggles... I went online looking at Reed's to see what a new Benelli M2 was going for. I found a 20 gauge in Gore Optifade Marsh with a 28" barrel that had "Waterfowler" as part of the label. It was priced @ $2,199.00.
All I can say is OUCH!
Would make me say "Affinity".

·
Registered
259 Posts
Just ordered a m2 from Dunn's as well. Can't wait for it to come in. At $699 really couldn't pass it up. Was wondering about the aftermarket chokes also. I have a Briley light mod in my sx3 and really like it. Thought about trying the Jebs chokes in the m2. Any thoughts???

·
Registered
12,447 Posts
Coyote03 said:
Just ordered a m2 from Dunn's as well. Can't wait for it to come in. At $699 really couldn't pass it up. Was wondering about the aftermarket chokes also. I have a Briley light mod in my sx3 and really like it. Thought about trying the Jebs chokes in the m2. Any thoughts???

$699 is a deal on that gun!

I have an M2 and tried several different chokes in it and most performed fairly well, but the one that patterned the absolute best for me is the Carlson Cremator. I bought mine in a two pack -- it comes with a mid-range and a long-range choke and both patterned very nicely in my gun.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
i regret selling my M2 every time I see my SBEII...if I gave a rip about 3.5" shells then that might help me like my current gun more. the biggest benefit of buying my SBEII was that its the 25th anniversary edition, so the larger bolt release and charging handle.

anyway, if you need 3.5" and like the way the SBEIII fits, get it, even though I think the OP already bought the M2.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tim,

My obsession is with people being truthful and if that's a character flaw, guilty as charged. If asking (politely) for verification of a public person's claim is loss of objectivity, again guilty as charged. The poster I responded to was apparently influenced to some degree by claims promulgated by someone that promotes themself as an authority on the subject in question. If pointing out the issues the individual in question has with being truthful is partisan, then again guilty as charged.

Ever wonder why he never comes here or other sites such as the 'fuge to promote his claims? Ever wonder why trapshooter dot com banned him? If not for the alleged symbiotic relationship between his own website and SGW it's probably safe to presume his tenure there would have been short lived as well?

Here, we're just a group of guys that love to discuss (sometimes spiritedly) this passion we're all addicted to and more often than not, w/o any personal financial gain lying under the surface.

And yes, once my SBEIII was shimmed to the proper fit (for me) it shot dead nuts. The stock exhibited no evidence of flexing or flopping.

If calling things as you see them is verboten here, please let me know and other arrangements can be made.
I want to get a 20 gauge shotgun and I am stuck between the m2 and the sbe3? The sbe3 fits me better than the m2. But everybody is telling me that the sbe3 has a POI issue. But I feel like if I shim the sbe3 it will shoot just fine. But people have me thinking differently.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts