Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all these guns use the same high dollar technology as the Benelli SBE, as far as I know. Can someone help me in understanding that if I wanted an automatic why would I get a Benelli SBE over a Franchi I-12, or even a Stoeger 2000?

There is a lot of price difference, I am just curious of the benefits for spending the 700 extra dollars?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Spend more more money but less time cleaning it. Benelli has few parts to clean compared to the other two although they come from the same family. I would go with a Benelli just because they make some of the most reliable guns on the market today.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I clean my guns and don't mind doing it so as long as it is dependable I don't care what is in it. Internal aside they don't look, feel, fit or handle as nice as the Benelli to me and that means a lot to me. If they did I would try one. I considered them all the last time I went shopping and picked the Benelli based on handling and fit.

·
Registered
838 Posts
i have a franchi 912 and i love it. I am 6'1'' and have long arms and it fits me better. I was worried about the quality but it has been very dependable and shoots anything I put in it down to light target loads.

·
Registered
114 Posts
benelli is the REAL deal

franchi is another italian factory that copies it

and stoeger is a turkish factory that pumps them out using a machine that just cuts out metal parts and they slap them togther

at least the franchi is hand assembled

and of course the benelli is the bomb, mine has never jammed ever once, and i own 2

·
Registered
362 Posts
I've got a Stoeger and have not one complaint with it. Few hundred more for a Benelli? Try 3X's the cost but I am sure you get a better gun.
For the dollar, I don't think you can beat the Stoeger. 3 years of rugged use thru sloughs, ponds, lakes and it hasn't failed me yet. I've hunted with ice covering it.
No idea on the Franchi.

Q

·
Registered
17,699 Posts
go to a dealer that sells all three and have them break the guns down side by side. the differences are very evident.

·
Registered
457 Posts
you shouldn't all the same

now the sbe2 is a different animal thats prolly what you ment

in that case get the beretta same price and worth it not a gussied up $500 gun. i mean you expect the flashing to be removed from the molded parts, parts not to fall off, and machined parts to be well at least atempted to be polished. ohh and to not have to send it back. a stoeger you expect that not a benelli.

now the motefeltro is really made good and what the reps based on that and the nova. and it's almost beretta quality and worth the cost.

disrgruntled benelli owner. worst gift i ever got my dad. he's still waiting for it to get back. hammer spur broke made the gun fire every time you closed the bolt or loaded a shell in the mag. and it's new not old didn't even make it bast half a box.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Stoeger is nothing like the Benelli. It's about like saying the 870 and the BPS, and the Nova use the same action. Sure they both work off of recoil and the have a rotating bolt, but that's it. The Stoeger has it's main spring around the magazine tube, where as the Benelli's main spring is in the butt stock. The parts in the Stoeger are very crude if compared to the Benelli. I bought a Stoeger M2000 back in November and was not very happy and got rid of it. I went back to my 1187. I don't recommend the M2000 unless a low price is the main goal (if that is the goal you are better off getting a good pump gun).

·
Registered
66 Posts
lameduck said:
i have a franchi 912 and i love it. I am 6'1'' and have long arms and it fits me better. I was worried about the quality but it has been very dependable and shoots anything I put in it down to light target loads.
+1 .... I can shoot 1 oz target loads on the heavy setting and not have a problem cycling them .

·
Registered
89 Posts
Guy down the road from me shoots trap more than anyone I know and he hasn't had a single issue with his Stoeger...which he won at a DU banguet. My Franchi is a dream to shoot. As for the skimping, I've had more compliments on mine than I could shake a stick at with no issues to speak of.
That being said, money talks and the higher end guns with a higher price tag are always going to be better in some degree. Worth all the money? Now that's a different story.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
I can't speak for Stoeger, but I own a Benelli and my Brother owns a Franchi. They are definitely different in design, but both are really nice guns.

The Benelli fits me better, and has a more ergonomic feel to me, but my bro's franchi shoots great. The Franchi doesn't shoot 3 ½" shells, so its more comparable to an M2 than an SBEII, which makes it only a few hundred less, but from what I've seen both are good guns.

My suggestion, go to a gun store, pick them up, take them apart, look at what each has to offer. If you know someone who owns them, shoot them. That's the only way to be sure.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Captn66 said:
lameduck said:
+1 .... I can shoot 1 oz target loads on the heavy setting and not have a problem cycling them .
Everyone always talks about "cycling" target loads. A SBE2 will cycle light target loads just fine. They just need to be broken in to do that. It even says in the owners manual that they need to be broken in to cycle them well. I have a SBE2 and it will cycle 7/8 load with no problem.

Not trying to start anything, just saying you can't beat a Benelli! :thumbsup:

J

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't know why so many people knock Stoegers. I have the M2000 and love it! It is very light which is good for the long walks in but doesn't kick too bad. I have not had a single problem with mine. I've hunted with it A LOT for a couple years now in salt water and see no signs of rust. Dont believe everything you read on here. If you wanna spend the extra 700 then go benelli, if not go stoeger of franchi

·
Registered
318 Posts
POChunter said:
I don't know why so many people knock Stoegers.
i think that is because your experience with them is good. with any gun you expect a certain percentage of them to be lemons. the higher end gun the less the %. the problem with stoeger is that you either get a really good gun or a real P.O.S. Mine was the latter. the cabelas that i purchased it from took it back with out flinching. they did ask what the problem was and said sorry the salesman talked you into that one. they no longer sell the stoeger m2000 at that store, since they have over a 35% return rate. that is just one store but they do a lot of business. i think it might be indicative of the rest of the m2000's as well. bottom line is that you shouldn't have to worry about getting a lemon right out of the box but that's just my opinion.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts