Duck Hunting Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

· Registered
2,392 Posts
I am a stickler to the max on taking care of equipment especially guns. I have guns that have seen heavy field use for 20-30 years and the only ware is from caring it in my hands. Many people do not take good care of their guns or clean them like they should. :pissed:

With that said I have dumped my waterfowl piece in the drink a couple of times. Usually it is from taking a spill while navigating some tough areas. This year I had it unloaded setting on a bucket and my partner backed into it and knocked it into about a foot of pond slop mud. :oops: The best one was when I was hunting in a belly boat in a crick. The water was about 5' deep and I was struggling to get a duck out of some floating reads when I dropped my gun. :help: It stuck barrel first in the bottom, but I was able to get my foot into the sling and back paddle with it hanging on my foot until I reached shallower ground to retrieve it. I though I was going take a swimming in 40 deg. water for a while there. :toofunny:

The point is that water fowling or any extreme condition hunting is hard on equipment. I don't have problems when I am in a nice blind with a dog doing the work, but when you are chasing cripples or hunting where no one likes to go you need equipment that can take some abuse and expect that at some point it well. Some people don't take care of stuff and some are hard-core and can't help but have some mishaps given the conditions and that's why the make rugged guns with rugged finishes. :thumbsup:

· Registered
34 Posts
I used to shoot a browning gold, worked fine never had any problems with it. The day i decided to buy an SBE 2 is when my buddy took a spill off a 4-wheeler at 30 mph and threw his gun and it endowed about 10 times, all the shells got jacked out, and it stuck barrel down in the swamp. He picked it up and yes did swab the barrel out took the SBE 2 apart ran some swamp water through it and shot it the rest of the day. Trying to compare the beretta extrema is pointless. Pick up a beretta extrema then pick up a Benelli, why would you want a Beretta. Benelli are much lighter and more compfortable. Granted this is my preference. To me beretta's are more of an upland gun and a benelli is a waterfowl gun. There is something in comom about these stories you fellas are sharing here about abusing their guns and the guns still operating. The common dominator is that they are all BENELLIs.

· Registered
5 Posts
I just bought a sbe and its never jammed on me once. But I Only used it one day. Shot 3 shells Killed one snow goose. Only time will tell if its the best gun I ever owned. :yes: I own a benelli nova never jammed on me once.,also own a remington 11-87 that also never jammed on me. There's alot of good guns out there. Its just a matter of taking care of them. :thumbsup:

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.