Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am looking into buying a new duck gun but am not sure what is best. I was looking at the SX3,Versa max,And the A400. I want a semi auto that has little recoil and you can shoot everything through it. Thanks guys any reviews are great

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
I wouldn't say that any one gun on your list is "better" than the rest of them. It's all going to come down to which gun you like best. I like gas guns, others like inertia guns. I like the safety behind the trigger, others like it in front. I'd add the Browning Silver to the list and that's the one I'd pick.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I shoot a SBE II just because it feels better to me. but like the guy said above, I'd definitely add the Browning Silver to that list. I shot one and it felt really good and shouldered well. Plus its cheaper than every gun you listed. You can get the black synthetic ones around here for $800-$850 in 3-1/2". Besides I have heard hardly anything bad said about the Silver

·
Registered
289 Posts
Once you get into this relm of shotguns, its all about what you feel best handling. Go to the closest store that has these and shoulder them.... thats the only way to make a good decision.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
I love my Versa Max. Just over 200 rounds through it in the last month or 2 without a single hiccup/misfire. This has been mostly 7/8oz #7.5 but there have also been some slugs, buckshot, and goose loads thrown in for a change of pace. Recoil is nothing and it has stayed way cleaner than my dads SBEII. Find what fits and swings well for you and get it. I just hate that people hate on any certain gun when they probably haven't even shot it themselves...

·
Registered
984 Posts
Best 3.5" chamber duck/goose gun with low recoil : Unless you mean shoot "everything" as in 2 3/4 - 3.5 .. Easy answer , A Remington Sp-10. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Luvbowhuntn said:
I shoot a SBE II just because it feels better to me. but like the guy said above, I'd definitely add the Browning Silver to that list. I shot one and it felt really good and shouldered well. Plus its cheaper than every gun you listed. You can get the black synthetic ones around here for $800-$850 in 3-1/2". Besides I have heard hardly anything bad said about the Silver
Thats Awsome thanks guys I had no clue about the silver, I will have to check it out

·
Registered
158 Posts
Any of them are good....I agree with the others who recommend handling all of them seeing which one feels right to you. That being said I just got my new Beretta 400 Extreme Unico and love it! Soft shooting and a great gun. :thumbsup: good luck

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Baikal MP153 if you are on a budget and Benelli SBE H&K if you have a bigger budget! I saw a H&K for $700 on gunbroker the other day.

Next autoloader I buy will be a Baikal with a wood stock and sling swivels.

·
Registered
977 Posts
If you want the lowest perceived recoil in a 3.5, it would be a beretta with the kick off system. There's no argument against that. If that's your priority, there's your answer.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Cline said:
If you want the lowest perceived recoil in a 3.5, it would be a beretta with the kick off system. There's no argument against that. If that's your priority, there's your answer.
There will always be an arguement as far as perceived recoil goes. I feel that my Maxus kicks less than my buddys ko beretta.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
clampdaddy said:
Cline said:
There will always be an arguement as far as perceived recoil goes. I feel that my Maxus kicks less than my buddys ko beretta.
And I consider my Versa Max to the be the lightest I've ever shot.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.