Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

· Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am looking into buying a new duck gun but am not sure what is best. I was looking at the SX3,Versa max,And the A400. I want a semi auto that has little recoil and you can shoot everything through it. Thanks guys any reviews are great

· Registered
3,717 Posts
I wouldn't say that any one gun on your list is "better" than the rest of them. It's all going to come down to which gun you like best. I like gas guns, others like inertia guns. I like the safety behind the trigger, others like it in front. I'd add the Browning Silver to the list and that's the one I'd pick.

· Registered
862 Posts
I shoot a SBE II just because it feels better to me. but like the guy said above, I'd definitely add the Browning Silver to that list. I shot one and it felt really good and shouldered well. Plus its cheaper than every gun you listed. You can get the black synthetic ones around here for $800-$850 in 3-1/2". Besides I have heard hardly anything bad said about the Silver

· Registered
2,926 Posts
I love my Versa Max. Just over 200 rounds through it in the last month or 2 without a single hiccup/misfire. This has been mostly 7/8oz #7.5 but there have also been some slugs, buckshot, and goose loads thrown in for a change of pace. Recoil is nothing and it has stayed way cleaner than my dads SBEII. Find what fits and swings well for you and get it. I just hate that people hate on any certain gun when they probably haven't even shot it themselves...

· Registered
984 Posts
Best 3.5" chamber duck/goose gun with low recoil : Unless you mean shoot "everything" as in 2 3/4 - 3.5 .. Easy answer , A Remington Sp-10. :thumbsup:

· Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Luvbowhuntn said:
I shoot a SBE II just because it feels better to me. but like the guy said above, I'd definitely add the Browning Silver to that list. I shot one and it felt really good and shouldered well. Plus its cheaper than every gun you listed. You can get the black synthetic ones around here for $800-$850 in 3-1/2". Besides I have heard hardly anything bad said about the Silver
Thats Awsome thanks guys I had no clue about the silver, I will have to check it out

· Registered
158 Posts
Any of them are good....I agree with the others who recommend handling all of them seeing which one feels right to you. That being said I just got my new Beretta 400 Extreme Unico and love it! Soft shooting and a great gun. :thumbsup: good luck

· Registered
3,717 Posts
Cline said:
If you want the lowest perceived recoil in a 3.5, it would be a beretta with the kick off system. There's no argument against that. If that's your priority, there's your answer.
There will always be an arguement as far as perceived recoil goes. I feel that my Maxus kicks less than my buddys ko beretta.

· Registered
2,926 Posts
clampdaddy said:
Cline said:
If you want the lowest perceived recoil in a 3.5, it would be a beretta with the kick off system. There's no argument against that. If that's your priority, there's your answer.
There will always be an arguement as far as perceived recoil goes. I feel that my Maxus kicks less than my buddys ko beretta.
And I consider my Versa Max to the be the lightest I've ever shot.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.