Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
977 Posts
If you want the lowest perceived recoil in a 3.5, it would be a beretta with the kick off system. There's no argument against that. If that's your priority, there's your answer.

· Registered
977 Posts
I guess, but I have friends who have a Maxus and shoot my Extrema 2 with the KO and they said it kicks half as much as their maxus. I can only go by that. I have never shot a gun with lighter recoil than the kick off system. I'm no gun nut, but I have shot a lot of different guns with a lot of different loads. I feel like I can honestly say, from experience, that the kick off system is the lightest shooting that I've ever shot.

· Registered
977 Posts
The Drake said:
Cline said:
If you want the lowest perceived recoil in a 3.5, it would be a beretta with the kick off system. There's no argument against that. If that's your priority, there's your answer.
I've shot both the A400 with KO and Versamax, myself, the A400 owner and a SX3 owner all agreed the Versamax was softer shooting than the A400 with KO.
I've got the same group with the opposite results. Maybe it's just a certain gun or certain loads, but one cannot deny that the Beretta with KO is one of the softest shooting 3.5" guns. I'm not saying it's the best guns (although I think it is), but it is one of, if not the softest shooting 3.5

· Registered
977 Posts
BGipson said:
cawaterfowlslayer said:
WEll I got to the gun store this weekend and I was able to try all of the guns on my list. I think I have narrowed it down to the Versa Max, the sx3 and the A400 xtream. I do have to say though that "wow" the versa max is heavy. SO any reviews on these three or storys of hunts with them or anything like that would be great. Thanks
The VM is a tiny bit heavier (>1lb) than the rest but this is part of what factors into it having the lightest recoil. I have the VM but have not had it for a season yet so no "true" field report. I have heard good things about the sx3 but have never used 1. The A400 is completely foreign to me as I have never known anyone who had 1 or heard anything about them before I came here. Personally I wouldn't trade my VM for anything. Glad to see you aren't drinking the kool-aid that goes with the "B guns"! :lol3:
The "kool-aid" statement doesn't apply when the results are proven

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.