Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2,926 Posts
I love my Versa Max. Just over 200 rounds through it in the last month or 2 without a single hiccup/misfire. This has been mostly 7/8oz #7.5 but there have also been some slugs, buckshot, and goose loads thrown in for a change of pace. Recoil is nothing and it has stayed way cleaner than my dads SBEII. Find what fits and swings well for you and get it. I just hate that people hate on any certain gun when they probably haven't even shot it themselves...

· Registered
2,926 Posts
clampdaddy said:
Cline said:
If you want the lowest perceived recoil in a 3.5, it would be a beretta with the kick off system. There's no argument against that. If that's your priority, there's your answer.
There will always be an arguement as far as perceived recoil goes. I feel that my Maxus kicks less than my buddys ko beretta.
And I consider my Versa Max to the be the lightest I've ever shot.

· Registered
2,926 Posts
clampdaddy said:
skcud said:
get a Bertta A 400 you pay more for it but as the old saying goes you get what you pay for i have a Maxus nothing but trouble and no support.
And if you want a cheaper gun buy a Stoeger at least you loose a bunch of money on it.

skcud
If you ever decide that broke down Maxus is taking up to much space in the gun safe but you wouldn't feel right about dumping a problem gun on some poor unsuspecting buyer then just send it my way and I'll dispose of it properly. :yes:
I'm sure there are more than a few of us who would be willing to put up with the endless "trouble" this Maxus is giving you.

· Registered
2,926 Posts
cawaterfowlslayer said:
WEll I got to the gun store this weekend and I was able to try all of the guns on my list. I think I have narrowed it down to the Versa Max, the sx3 and the A400 xtream. I do have to say though that "wow" the versa max is heavy. SO any reviews on these three or storys of hunts with them or anything like that would be great. Thanks
The VM is a tiny bit heavier (>1lb) than the rest but this is part of what factors into it having the lightest recoil. I have the VM but have not had it for a season yet so no "true" field report. I have heard good things about the sx3 but have never used 1. The A400 is completely foreign to me as I have never known anyone who had 1 or heard anything about them before I came here. Personally I wouldn't trade my VM for anything. Glad to see you aren't drinking the kool-aid that goes with the "B guns"! :lol3:

· Registered
2,926 Posts
Cline said:
BGipson said:
cawaterfowlslayer said:
WEll I got to the gun store this weekend and I was able to try all of the guns on my list. I think I have narrowed it down to the Versa Max, the sx3 and the A400 xtream. I do have to say though that "wow" the versa max is heavy. SO any reviews on these three or storys of hunts with them or anything like that would be great. Thanks
The VM is a tiny bit heavier (>1lb) than the rest but this is part of what factors into it having the lightest recoil. I have the VM but have not had it for a season yet so no "true" field report. I have heard good things about the sx3 but have never used 1. The A400 is completely foreign to me as I have never known anyone who had 1 or heard anything about them before I came here. Personally I wouldn't trade my VM for anything. Glad to see you aren't drinking the kool-aid that goes with the "B guns"! :lol3:
The "kool-aid" statement doesn't apply when the results are proven
Don't want to debate it but my dad's SBEII wouldn't cycle light loads out of the box and the VM would... VM has less recoil than the SBEII... VM was $1250, SBEII was $1450... see my point?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.