Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am looking into buying a new duck gun but am not sure what is best. I was looking at the SX3,Versa max,And the A400. I want a semi auto that has little recoil and you can shoot everything through it. Thanks guys any reviews are great

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Luvbowhuntn said:
I shoot a SBE II just because it feels better to me. but like the guy said above, I'd definitely add the Browning Silver to that list. I shot one and it felt really good and shouldered well. Plus its cheaper than every gun you listed. You can get the black synthetic ones around here for $800-$850 in 3-1/2". Besides I have heard hardly anything bad said about the Silver
Thats Awsome thanks guys I had no clue about the silver, I will have to check it out

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks so much for the the reviews guys it is great! SO far I think I can start to narrow it down but i really wamt to shoot some of the diffrent guns I want but I only have friends with a few of them so I dont know what to do about that. I will just have to go to the gun store and try shouldering them.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
WEll I got to the gun store this weekend and I was able to try all of the guns on my list. I think I have narrowed it down to the Versa Max, the sx3 and the A400 xtream. I do have to say though that "wow" the versa max is heavy. SO any reviews on these three or storys of hunts with them or anything like that would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Ya but I found that the inertia systems have way more recoil than the gas guns like the A400,SX3,Versa max ext. THe SBE 2 point nicley I have to say that but the recoil just isnt there. Also If you run hyper sonic through a SBE II it breaks it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Fsbirdhouse said:
The SBEII is a great gun, it is reliable as well, but I just sold mine this spring after several years of shooting it because of the recoil.
I bought the Beretta A400, and there is no comparison.
It's not just the fit of the A400, which is perfect for 'ME', but I have a hard time understanding the claims of an SBEII being light on recoil.
You don't have to shoot a hundred rounds thru the two guns to know. You know right away!
Do the short test. A box of 3 1/2" loads thru both. Questions answered right then.
And you like your A400? Reliable low recoil?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Well I went to the range today and shot the A400 and the Maxus, shot the Sx3 earlier. And wow! the maxus jammed 3 times berfore we could even get 20 shells through it plus the recoil wasnt the most favorable. The SX3 was nice,never jammed and shot pretty well , recoil was pretty good and it cycled everything. Then the A400. one word, Incredible, it had extremly low recoil,never failed and shot everything we put through it flawlessly. It was truley a great gun.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Strange...I have hundreds of rounds through mine from game loads to heavy fowl loads and the gun has never failed me. :thumbsup:[/quote]

Glad you like yours, the people at the clay range said they had been getting mixed reviews about it. But I have to say the recoil was a bit of a punch with remington hypersonic and 3-1/2 inch winchesters. Especially next to the A400 which had minimal recoil with all the same loads and fired flawlessly. Sx3 was a good gun also never jammed and had fairly minimal recoil but not as much as the A400. But like I said glad you like yours I just couldnt let my self get one after the jams and higher recoil

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Cline said:
SDGooseHunter said:
cawaterfowlslayer said:
got the A400 today. Cant wait to try it out. Gotta wait my 10 days though
Congrats on the new buy! Ten days is brutal though! Happy hunting! :beer:
x2 Good choice!
Thanks, and ya california sucks if you are a gun owner haha. But happy hunting to you guys 2

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.