Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought an 870 20 gauge that will be used for duck and turkey hunting. What is the best all around camo pattern to use? My beretta has Adv. Timber. Just wondering what everybody else thinks is a good pattern to use in the marsh as well as the turkey woods.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not worried about ducks seeing my gun, it is the turkeys I am worried about. They are the spawn of the devil and see everything. I had a camo boot and it saw the vibram sign on the bottom of my boot and took off running. If the ducks see this gun it is much to late for them.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
ks_waterfowler said:
Not worried about ducks seeing my gun, it is the turkeys I am worried about. They are the spawn of the devil and see everything. I had a camo boot and it saw the vibram sign on the bottom of my boot and took off running. If the ducks see this gun it is much to late for them.
Them darn turkeys :laughing:

·
Registered
5 Posts
To me camo on a gun is point less, but yet to others i do agree on the animal seeing it. I have killed plenty of turkeys and ducks without camo on my 870 12g pump. I have went out and killed ducks in a white tee and jeans. But hey , its no fun without the camo.

·
Registered
360 Posts
IF your turkey hunting in the woods then mossy oak break up would be the way to go! but for anything duck related i would go with max-4 or shadow grass!

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I like just plain flat black finish and comp. stocks. I find that if your pointing it at them when they see it they only see a back hole and then back everyting. :hammering: I like the input, thinking about a xtreama camo and don't want the turkeys picking up a color that is way off in the woods.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.