Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking into buying a boat and ive gone through the row boats and i hate them. i want a big boy boat this time a good one. mostly to run the big river with. ive been looking at the lowe website adn i also looked at the triton website i want a flat bottom style and liek 16'-18' with motor big enough to get up and go.......any ideas?

·
Registered
432 Posts
I would not go any less than 18 and maybe even 20'. Get 5' wide also.Lowe makes a Roughneck 1960 thats a heck of a boat. My buddy has one with a 25 and it moves pretty good a 40-50 would really do well.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
duckbum,

Where you from in Idaho? North or South? When you say "the big river" you could mean the Snake or the Pend Oreille, Maybe the WA Snake or Columbia Rivers.

Lowe makes a lot of boat for the money. If you are in N. Idaho you can't beat the Lowe deals at White Elephant in Spokane. If you are up north and want to see what a custom duck boat looks like I would be glad to show you my GatorTrax / HyperDrive combo. I run it on big and small water alike up here in the Panhandle.

If you are down south and running the Snake, you are probably thinking jet. If you go jet, make sure you get a dealer that can set it up properly. Or consider a mud motor. They are run on the Snake, although an 18 x 60 is an awful big boat for a mudmotor.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Lowe makes a great boat and I doubt you'd be disappointed. I sold my Lowe 1448 Big Jon this past Saturday and never had a problem with it. I still have a 16' Lowe with a 60 horse Evinrude on it for fishing. I don't see myself getting rid of it any time soon. Triton builds a great boat too. It all depends on how much you want to pay.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks alot guys......i think next week im going to buy this boat at western marine 16' not sure on width but my dad knows. its got the center console. and a 1991 70 h jet behind it for around 4 grand we still need to go look at it again but my dad said we needed used i been lookin like crazy in the paper and such i looked at one out by ontario or that was a lowe r1652v with a 30 h jet for again around 4 the motors older tho adn i think the boat alone cost 3800 but anyway thanks for the imput oh and sorry i didnt get back to you sooner runnin the snake down by mt.home mostly thanks guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.