Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
There is a Foiles Legend (single or double reed) that you can purhcase for around $35 they have a solid reputation for making calls. RNT offers a call called the Quackhead, I believe this comes in a timber version as well. This sells for right around $20-25. (as an added bonus, but by no means a deal breaker the Quackhead I purchased came with a video and a cheap, but nonetheless still a call lanyard) I have both of these calls and think they have a great sound. THe foiles can be a little louder than the other though....depends on what you want. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
right now i would say the quackhead. it is unreal how good a sound this call puts out. imo, the echo single reed timber call i have doesn't even compare. don't get me wrong, it sounds pretty good...that quackhead is something else though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
As far as a timber call, you might think about the Nasty Boy by Southern Game Calls. I'm more familiar with the Little Joel but if its counterpart is near as good, you won't be dissappointed.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The Buck Gardner Double Nasty 2 is a good call, its $20 at Cabelas. It's got a nice low end, but its a little quieter, so the highball isn't great. It also comes with a lifetime guarantee. That's my go to call.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Sonderman 66 (a damn good imitation of the old OLT 66..see thread in this forum about DJ Iliinios River calls) is a great call for about 30 bucks.

all wood. easy to blow. it's soft, but you can get a little volume out of it if you need to and is durable. i dropped mine in the mud and took it down and washed it out in the blind and with a just a few hard blows through the borrom end of the call was able to resume calling with no sticking or squeeling.

i saw a few others mentioned that are worth looking into as well. the RNT quackhead is a good call for the money, as is the Haydel Red Leg and the self proclaimed meat hunter's call of choice..the DR-85. also, some of the other calls on that list i have heard many good things about, but have no practical experience with them, so will refrain from voicing any support of them.

Plainsman - whatchya got up your sleeve my friend? i'm always looking for a new "good" call in the 50-60 dollar range.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Man I don't know a call out there that could withstand driving over it...

Oh yeah, you drive one of them wimpy chebbies. Must have been a defective call..........

:laughing:

mallardhunter said:
duckbuster said:
i would go with the H.S. Bill collector comes in single or double works awsome.
That is a good sounding call, so is the haydels calls, I had a haydels until I drove over it :thumbsdown:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.