Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
2,690 Posts
There is a Foiles Legend (single or double reed) that you can purhcase for around $35 they have a solid reputation for making calls. RNT offers a call called the Quackhead, I believe this comes in a timber version as well. This sells for right around $20-25. (as an added bonus, but by no means a deal breaker the Quackhead I purchased came with a video and a cheap, but nonetheless still a call lanyard) I have both of these calls and think they have a great sound. THe foiles can be a little louder than the other though....depends on what you want. :thumbsup:

· Registered
2,318 Posts
right now i would say the quackhead. it is unreal how good a sound this call puts out. imo, the echo single reed timber call i have doesn't even compare. don't get me wrong, it sounds pretty good...that quackhead is something else though.

· Registered
193 Posts
The Buck Gardner Double Nasty 2 is a good call, its $20 at Cabelas. It's got a nice low end, but its a little quieter, so the highball isn't great. It also comes with a lifetime guarantee. That's my go to call.

· Registered
3,949 Posts
Sonderman 66 (a damn good imitation of the old OLT 66..see thread in this forum about DJ Iliinios River calls) is a great call for about 30 bucks.

all wood. easy to blow. it's soft, but you can get a little volume out of it if you need to and is durable. i dropped mine in the mud and took it down and washed it out in the blind and with a just a few hard blows through the borrom end of the call was able to resume calling with no sticking or squeeling.

i saw a few others mentioned that are worth looking into as well. the RNT quackhead is a good call for the money, as is the Haydel Red Leg and the self proclaimed meat hunter's call of choice..the DR-85. also, some of the other calls on that list i have heard many good things about, but have no practical experience with them, so will refrain from voicing any support of them.

Plainsman - whatchya got up your sleeve my friend? i'm always looking for a new "good" call in the 50-60 dollar range.

· Registered
2,027 Posts
Man I don't know a call out there that could withstand driving over it...

Oh yeah, you drive one of them wimpy chebbies. Must have been a defective call..........

:laughing:

mallardhunter said:
duckbuster said:
i would go with the H.S. Bill collector comes in single or double works awsome.
That is a good sounding call, so is the haydels calls, I had a haydels until I drove over it :thumbsdown:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.