Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know how familiar those of you from out of Texas are with singer songwriter Texas country music. The likes of Roger Crieger, Corry Morrow, and the increasingly popular Pat Green. All of the above have written great songs, but a small timer from Austin named Adam Carroll writes some of the best lyrical music. He has a song called Erroll's Song that is about a boy being taught how to hunt with his friend. Its pure genius...yall check it out.

Album: Looking out the Screen Door
Title: Erroll's SOng
Artist: AdaM Carroll

Let me know what some of your favorites are

·
Registered
622 Posts
Metallica has a great hunting song. It's called "Of Wolf and Man". The best line in the song is "I hunt therefore I am, harvest the land, taking the fallen lamb." The whole song is about the hunt where man gets back into nature like a wolf, and gets "back to meaning of life". It;s heavy but it's great. I listen to it on my way to the woods to get me in the predator mind set. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Good stuff tx...don't have any hunting songs but you oughta check out Jason Boland and the Stragglers if you like that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Yeah, the Nuge has some great ones, but that goes without saying. I think that he actually introduced James Hetfield (Metallica's vocalist and guitarist) to hunting. He also got Aerosmith off of the drugs and onto the gun range. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
339 Posts
There is three fellas from newFoundland ,canada, that have a few albums and they put out a song called "huntin the duck"
they call themselves "Buddywassisname and the other fellas"
A true Classic duck huntin song that will bring a laugh

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Hey, gahunter: talk show host Mike Savage has a bumper tune that opens his show. Supposedly it's Metallica. It starts w/ a guitar rift, then the lead singer sings "now, listen up!" What song is this?

·
Registered
123 Posts
come on guys what about rick dees disco duck :toofunny: :toofunny: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: :getdown: wow a line dance hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Mark McCummins said:
Hey, gahunter: talk show host Mike Savage has a bumper tune that opens his show. Supposedly it's Metallica. It starts w/ a guitar rift, then the lead singer sings "now, listen up!" What song is this?
I'm sorry I don't know what song that is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.