Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
i'll 3rd that. even if the paint doesn't last (i don't know that, it's just what i hear) they still are the best looking out of the box anyway! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
883 Posts
GHG has the best in my opinion, I've made MANY double takes and lowered the gun after looking into the spread. I've said it b-4 on here, lot's of complaints about paint, but mine have minimal paint loss after being hauled in and out. The G&H are great dekes, no arguement from me, but it's just the price that gets me. I live on a budget, as most do, and it gets hard to justify $100, or more, on a dozen decoys. Even if they DO last many, many years without paint loss etc........
:salude:

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I agree on GHG having the best looking deks of the bunch for the best price. As for the paint problems a lot of other decoys by other co.s seem to have their share of chipping/flaking paint to.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Swamp Puppy said:
ha ha...you just KNEW this was going to turn into another GHG "paint problem thread". :hammering:
Yup, I knew it was only a matter of time. Paint can be mixed to match,so I'm not really worried about it. I do like G&H,I use 'em for geese, but their pintails don't really look all that good to start with.Is this a first??? We've actually all agreed on something :eek: :eek: I'm putting a mark on the calender :laughing:

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
As long as there floatable the paint doesn't have to be perfect. Look at some of the old decoys that were used and still will draw in ducks. Even a ball of eel grass will bring them in and sometimes better than decoys will.

·
Registered
883 Posts
:withstupid:
Paint problems rule! :laughing:
I never understood the complaint, most divers are dark if not mostly black, they attract the green heads and all others, so what difference is it that your mallard decoy has a not so green head?

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
in my decoy bag right now are 2 mallard hens with no bills. (casualties of my dog's first few hunts...can you say "chew toy"? lol) and a couple more dekes with no eyes and one drake mallard with no green on his head AT ALL.

my brother-in-law seemed really bothered by this one day while setting up. i told him quite simply, "when they get close enough to figure it out...it will be too late."

we shot 2 limits that day...

-Ed

·
Registered
883 Posts
:toofunny:
Two years ago I was IN the spread moving some dekes around when I had a Gadwall hen brush my head and LAND within 3 feet of me! :eek:
I just stood there, like "please no body shoot me". It took me waving my arms before she realized what she had done. It just showed me that if they wanna come in, their coming in. No matter WHAT the setup looks like.
:salude:

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
:toofunny:

you will love this one...it was one of THOSE days. you know..not a duck in the sky. hadn't been one all morning..and i was damn bored.

so, i walked out to pick up my dekes when a drake mallard came sailing in. he passed right over me making all sorts of noise. he was obviously upset that i was where he wanted to be. i paid him no mind as i figured he would be on his way and my gun was 40 yards away and unloaded in the blind.

he circled and buzzed my head again..still making all sorts of racket. so. i watched him as he flared, flew to the other side of the lake, circled around, locked up, and set in to buzz me again.

i headed back to the blind as he passed me for the third time...i grabbed my gun, loaded it, and stood next to the blind as the kamikaze drake came at me for a fouth pass.....

let's just say he didn't make a fifth one. :toofunny:

·
Registered
883 Posts
That's funny! You gotta wonder, what in the world are they thinking? They buzz you all the time when you are in the spread picking up. Maybe it's the movement that attracts them? Does the term bird brain fit in there somewhere?
:laughing:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.