Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure I will get many different opinions, or maybe not, but a buddy and I have decided to build our own layout boat for a couple of reasons: 1) it will be fun to hunt out of something you built yourself, and 2) it will be a little cheaper, and 3) we can customize it like we want. My question is, out of the Erie style plans available online, who's are the best as far as quality, ease of assembly, and functionality on the water?? thanks.
-Hunter

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Hands down: PM missedagain and ask him to send you his hybrid plans. They are simple, strong, light and easy to build, less than a week for a novice, and can be easily modified to fit your desire task.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Do either of you have an opinion on what are the best layout boat plans to build from? Either way there are going to be modifications made to customize it the way we want, but we just need to find out what plans are the best to go off of. Also, it is going to be a 2 man layout. So if the plans are easy to modify into a two man, that is probably what we are going to be looking at. Has anyone built the marsh monster? If so, what did you think of it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Those hybrids are nice, but not quite what we are looking for.

·
Registered
9 Posts
backcast said:
SGM-DKHNTR said:
Check out

diyduckboat.com

I haven't built one, but was seriously considering it. These plans looks easy.
Once again, not a real layout boat.
As far as an Erie style, if it's your first boat, i'd get whatever comes with templates. More than likely, you'll be buying Busick knockoffs anyhow.
Hello Sir, I just wanted to clarify that our layout boat plans are not knock off's Busick We bought the rights for them. We now own the rights to all busick molds, products etc. etc. I assure you there will be no knock offs of the busick product line. Its now known as the Erie line-up.

Tony

·
Registered
269 Posts
TonyH said:
backcast said:
SGM-DKHNTR said:
Check out

diyduckboat.com

I haven't built one, but was seriously considering it. These plans looks easy.
Once again, not a real layout boat.
As far as an Erie style, if it's your first boat, i'd get whatever comes with templates. More than likely, you'll be buying Busick knockoffs anyhow.
Hello Sir, I just wanted to clarify that our layout boat plans are not knock off's Busick We bought the rights for them. We now own the rights to all busick molds, products etc. etc. I assure you there will be no knock offs of the busick product line. Its now known as the Erie line-up.

Tony
Hello to you sir,
I was not referring to any one particular distributer of the "busick" plans as being knock offs. In fact we have already bought YOUR plans from you! What I was saying was that out of the plans that are out there, MOST are busick knockoffs. It might be beneficial to you and your company to advertise what you offer. As far as readers on this site go, nobody's heard of a TonyH boat.
By the way, love the plans. :thumbsup:

**And to clarify to readers, we're not referring to the diyduckboat.

·
Registered
17,699 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts