Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any experience with this call? I can get one for cheap so just wondering how good of a call it is. Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've got one and dont use it. Dont like it. My opinion is it doesnt have the low starting tone i was lookin for and it is way too hi pitch for me. My buddies swear by Big Rivers, but we all have flutes. I just wanted to try a short reed call and see what they are like, but, Ill stick with a flute. Hope this helps in your decision??? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
961 Posts
personal i have never liked flutes because i feel they get in the way but one of my huting buddies swers by them... he has bought like 5 or 6 different call costing any thing for 20 for 100 and stills goes for the >20 doller big river fulte.

·
Registered
961 Posts
sorry i was thinking about the long honker but i have blown the flock talk a few times and although is a little high it still sounds nice for a starter call

·
Registered
4 Posts
i think if you are just starting out or a seasoned goose hunter, flute calls give best results,i have tried both short and flutes but always go back to my long honkers!!!,best results w/wood big rivers, they give the good range. think mic lacey makes great calls for the money,why go broke when these are on the market .
[/i]wait till there locked dont skybust!!! :salude:
[/b]

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I have a **** Lacy Short reed and my brother has a flock talk. I think the flock talk is too high pitched. I like the **** Lacy of the 2 of them. It is very easy blowing and only costs around $25. BOth are good calls, it just depends on your calling style.

·
Registered
327 Posts
i had one got it for $7 but i sold it, didnt like it really just a lil high pitched for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts