Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m in Texas. I’m curious to know if northern states with seasons quickly approaching are seeing any bismuth loads for sale at local stores. I would assume these stores would be supplied sooner but who knows. Obviously I can’t find anything online and there is nothing local.

That said, specifically looking for 20 gauge, Kent or Hevi Bismuth upland, 2 3/4 inch….throw a guy a bone.

·
Super Moderator
25,351 Posts
I’m in Texas. I’m curious to know if northern states with seasons quickly approaching are seeing any bismuth loads for sale at local stores. I would assume these stores would be supplied sooner but who knows. Obviously I can’t find anything online and there is nothing local.

That said, specifically looking for 20 gauge, Kent or Hevi Bismuth upland, 2 3/4 inch….throw a guy a bone.
Try migra or boss for those pricier loads if you just want Kent steel 3 inch is not hard to find not sure about 2 3/4 . Other brands when you cant afford to be picky . Get it when you see it or its gone

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try migra or boss for those pricier loads if you just want Kent steel 3 inch is not hard to find not sure about 2 3/4 . Other brands when you cant afford to be picky . Get it when you see it or its gone
I’m shootings a pre-war model 12 in 20 bore. I don’t have many options…

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Not 2.75 inch,20 gauge, unfortunately. Everything appears to be out of stock.
You are correct, I was wrong as I thought I saw 2.75#. They do have some 3" but I am sure that will be gone soon the way they go through inventory so fast.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts

Yessir, Field and Stream had federal 20 gauge bismuth on the shelf last time I was there. $69.99/box.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Not 2.75 inch,20 gauge, unfortunately. Everything appears to be out of stock.
They have been sold out for about 3 weeks now, and pretty sure they said they will not be running 2.75 20 ga until next year.

Sucks because I wanted some too, so I just forked up the cash to buy everything needed to reload my own. About a $300 investment up front, but when everything settles down I should be able to reload them for about a buck a shot next year.

I am also shooting an old gun, 1968 rem 1100. Although I don't particularly care toooo much about barrel scratches, so I did get some steel 4's to pattern good. I've been shooting steel dove loads in it all season so far and have no scratches. Patterned the 4's yesterday and they shot real good IMO, should kill a duck over decoys. Mod choke

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They have been sold out for about 3 weeks now, and pretty sure they said they will not be running 2.75 20 ga until next year.

Sucks because I wanted some too, so I just forked up the cash to buy everything needed to reload my own. About a $300 investment up front, but when everything settles down I should be able to reload them for about a buck a shot next year.

I am also shooting an old gun, 1968 rem 1100. Although I don't particularly care toooo much about barrel scratches, so I did get some steel 4's to pattern good. I've been shooting steel dove loads in it all season so far and have no scratches. Patterned the 4's yesterday and they shot real good IMO, should kill a duck over decoys. Mod choke View attachment 475516
What range?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts